HELP! May have unistalled important things

ejl2010

Reaction score
Yeah I'm an idiot and I rooted and unistalled some bloatware from my D2G...the problem is that I think I may have hit a couple things that I need. I know voice command was one but I don't know if I hit another. I tried to install the Voice Command apk but it just opens and closes immediately.

The reason I think I touched something else is that when using spare parts the other day my phone was constantly running the whole time (99.5%) for a few hours and was draining my battery (unless it's spare parts itself)

Is there a way to redownload ALL the apks that were originally on the phone? I've reset to factory but then realized that the files no longer exist on my phone.

Any help you guys could give would reduce my stress a lot. Thanks!

OP
E

ejl2010

Reaction score
No I didn't hence why i'm a complete moron. Is there advice you can give kind sir?

OP
E

ejl2010

Reaction score
A sbf is a stock copy of the OS right? I think i'll google that method when I get home. Got any good links?

maddog2014

Reaction score
That's what I used what os on your computer?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

biknut1

Reaction score
Apps

Yeah I'm an idiot and I rooted and unistalled some bloatware from my D2G...the problem is that I think I may have hit a couple things that I need. I know voice command was one but I don't know if I hit another. I tried to install the Voice Command apk but it just opens and closes immediately.

The reason I think I touched something else is that when using spare parts the other day my phone was constantly running the whole time (99.5%) for a few hours and was draining my battery (unless it's spare parts itself)

Is there a way to redownload ALL the apks that were originally on the phone? I've reset to factory but then realized that the files no longer exist on my phone.

Any help you guys could give would reduce my stress a lot. Thanks!

Not sure if this works or not, but have you tried just downloading the apps from the market?

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
did you check the permissions of the apk you replaced? shouldn't have to sbf because of one apk.

OP
E

ejl2010

Reaction score
I think there is something amiss so I'd rather start fresh and then be extra careful this time.

I downloaded RSDLite 4.9 and "Motorola_Consumer_Driver_Installation_MotoConnect_1.1.16_64_bit_4.2.0"
I have windows 7 running, 64 bit.

I connected it all up but my device does not show up on the RSDLite screen.
I did get an error message saying something about failed installation for the device. When I power up the device using "power + up on d-pad" it made the error sound.

I'm not sure what to do now. any suggestions comrades ?

OP
E

ejl2010

Reaction score
I wanted to added a detail that apparently something dindn't install properly:

Motorola ADB Interface.

What is this and how can I get this working?

OP
E

ejl2010

Reaction score
well I installed the latest version of Motorola ADB interface but RSDLite won't recognize my device. It can see that something is connected and it shows

S Flash Omap 3630 MI but when I select the SBF, the start button isn't clickable.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I thought running as an administrator would correct it since I forgot before. Didn't help...

Last edited:

maddog2014

Reaction score
It an well known issue for people spfing a lot win 7 dost have all the needed driver win xp is the best if you can if not than search around

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App