sound sucks on turbo2

roach

Reaction score
if i can't get this phone any louder its going back tomorrow,this would be the first that would be going back since they started making them,it's real bad,i hope i can get a fix for it fast.the only reason i bought it was i dropped my razr maxx hd and it hit the screen perfectly, because i dropped it 20 times and it never cracked before.
thank's

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am a Droid fan and a Moto fan, its all I own. But....if you are not happy with the new Turbo 2, I would say take it back before the 14 days are up. If it is just not loud enough for you, I would not expect a fix from Moto in the first 14 days. We should all have a phone we are happy with, we pay good money for them. That's just my two cents though. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
i hear you,i called verizion and ask them and they new nothing about the problem but they wil soon.taking it back tomorrow morning it's no good to me if i can't hear it.
thank's

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
MotoX Pure Edition is the next best phone if i decide to replace my t-2
4344700_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=150;canvasWidth=105
Enjoy a 5.7" 1440p Quad HD display and front-facing stereo speakers.
5.7” Quad HD
Dual front facing stereo speakers
Rear Camera 21 MP
Front Camera 5 MP w/ flash
Water Protection
Micro SD Storage
Fast Charging 1
Price $399

cardinal82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you removed the Motorola screen shield that comes on the phone when its new in the box? I thought the sound sucked too until I removed that. Once I did, it sounds as good or better than any phone I've ever had. Please respond with an update, would definitely be interested in your experience.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
i had it on there but even when i pulled it off still no good,going back as soon as they send me the self address fed ex paper,i am still using my old phone cause i could barley hear it.
thanks for helping

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Have you removed the Motorola screen shield that comes on the phone when its new in the box? I thought the sound sucked too until I removed that. Once I did, it sounds as good or better than any phone I've ever had. Please respond with an update, would definitely be interested in your experience.
you were right i did not take it all the way off and then it was fine,the only problem was i wanted that $300.00 trade in verizion was giving and i sent it back and re-ordered it again,this time with the discount,so it all worked out fine.
thank's

xev11

Reaction score
My sound is pretty bad. its dull and quiet. and yes i removed the screen protector. the speaker is good, just the earpiece which is very lacking.
i changed the hd voice and advanced voice settings without luck.

did you guys mean the top layer of screen with the verizon check mark logo on the bottom? i dont see how an official part of the screen can hurt sound quality

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Don't remove the outer layer with the Verizon logo....it will void your warranty. Unless you replace it with an official Moto outer lens kit.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe I need to try a call without Bluetooth? All of my calls are with Bluetooth, either in my Jeep or my Moto headset. They are all very loud. I have not tried using the phone up to my ear

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
if i can't get this phone any louder its going back tomorrow,this would be the first that would be going back since they started making them,it's real bad,i hope i can get a fix for it fast.the only reason i bought it was i dropped my razr maxx hd and it hit the screen perfectly, because i dropped it 20 times and it never cracked before.

turbo 2 does not suck,this time I took the plastic off the screen and the volume was fine.I did't want to bad mouth motorola for something that was my fault cause from the droid_x to now they have not let me down and with lenova taking over it's going to get better.