Touch buttons are dead!

lance71e

Reaction score
Unfortunately I dropped for a second my Razr Maxx in a sink, in an instant turned it off, wiped it and left it for 48 hrs in a rice bowl. Then turned it on, works perfectly, no lags, but those 4 touch buttons at the bottom of the screen are unresponsive. They are lighted but dead, the worst part is I can't use backspace, the only way to get back to the desktop is to restart the phone. Is there any combination that would replace the backspace or home button at least? I've already bought a S3 Samsung but I still miss my beloved Maxx!

huskur

Reaction score
I would just take it VZW and say "look, my friggin' touch buttons won't work" (don't tell them about what happened) They just might replace it for you. Your issue is ironic. My wife dropped her S3 in the dogs water bowl and the speaker stopped working. It didn't get the battery indicators so I took it to VZW and they replaced it on the spot.

OP
L

lance71e

Reaction score
I'm in EU, no VZW here, just 2years warranty. Ppl working there no dumb at all.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I would just take it VZW and say "look, my friggin' touch buttons won't work" (don't tell them about what happened) They just might replace it for you. Your issue is ironic. My wife dropped her S3 in the dogs water bowl and the speaker stopped working. It didn't get the battery indicators so I took it to VZW and they replaced it on the spot.

Good idea except for the fact that it's fraud.

-Root your phone.

-Look up the key mapping files for the phone.

-Edit the text files to the appropriate buttons.

OP
L

lance71e

Reaction score
I already rooted it, instaled safestrap, and now I'm trying to find a ROM. Any hints?

OP
L

lance71e

Reaction score
Where else can I get the Droid HD ROM?
Looks like droidrzr.com is either down for 2 days or my provider restricted access to it.

huskur

Reaction score
Good idea except for the fact that it's fraud.

-Root your phone.

-Look up the key mapping files for the phone.

-Edit the text files to the appropriate buttons.

Fraud---you can say that but you pay a huge amount of money for your service that they make billions on yearly. I bought a Razr Maxx from VZW online and it arrived FedEx to me in 2 days...opened it....crack in the corner of the screen when I took the protective cover off. Called them about it and they sent me a refurb. Is that right of them to do to me? Exactly

point 2---- if the speed limit is 55 MPH do you abide by that or do you speed a little (or alot)? If you answer yes you abide and don't speed then your point is valid. If you do speed your are being fraudulent yourself. No difference

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Any talk or acts of fraud are not tolerated on the site. Purposefully ruining or damaging your phone in order to get a replacement is fraud.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Fraud---you can say that but you pay a huge amount of money for your service that they make billions on yearly. I bought a Razr Maxx from VZW online and it arrived FedEx to me in 2 days...opened it....crack in the corner of the screen when I took the protective cover off. Called them about it and they sent me a refurb. Is that right of them to do to me? Exactly

point 2---- if the speed limit is 55 MPH do you abide by that or do you speed a little (or alot)? If you answer yes you abide and don't speed then your point is valid. If you do speed your are being fraudulent yourself. No difference

-You should have made a claim with FedEx.

-Fraud is stealing by knowledgeable deception.

-Speeding is not fraud.

-Lying about a perfectly good product that you ruined in order to get another for free is fraud.

-Just because they make billions doesn't mean they're not entitled to that money.

-I pay them for a service.

-If I don't like the way they provide that service I take that money elsewhere.

-They're entitled to not lose $600 of revenue because someone thinks that they're entitled to another phone just because someone is not financially responsible and can't afford to pay for their mistakes or just doesn't want to.

OP
L

lance71e

Reaction score
Fraud or not how can I get a valid ROM with soft keys for a GSM ICS phone?

huskur

Reaction score
-You should have made a claim with FedEx.

-Fraud is stealing by knowledgeable deception.

-Speeding is not fraud.

-Lying about a perfectly good product that you ruined in order to get another for free is fraud.

-Just because they make billions doesn't mean they're not entitled to that money.

-I pay them for a service.

-If I don't like the way they provide that service I take that money elsewhere.

-They're entitled to not lose $600 of revenue because someone thinks that they're entitled to another phone just because someone is not financially responsible and can't afford to pay for their mistakes or just doesn't want to.

- I did file with FedEx and it was deemed not claimable due to Verizon packaging which Verizon releases FedEx from fault.

- I called Verizon Wireless and their only option was to replace a BRAND NEW UNACTIVATED phone with a refurbished one. How is that "my" issue at all? It's not

- Speeding is breaking the law just a fraud is. Just on different levels

Though I don't believe anyone should be fraudulent....there are some cases where it is the only way to be fair. In my case I have been a customer of VZW since Oct. 23rd 1999. Loyalty should stand for something. Good businesses should help their good customers. That is how you grow. No science to that.

In my case of my post above.....I was still within "fair" limits. IMO

OP
L

lance71e

Reaction score
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
That's the secret answer for installing 3 soft buttons on the screen. This line has to be added in system folder at the bottom of build.prop
My gratitude for pikakai from xda-developers for this brilliant idea.
My beloved Maxx is back to life again now.