UNROOTED freezing and auto rebooting problems

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
CM has its kinks, it did shut down out of nowhere a couple times on me. Much better than stock, that's for sure, that thing rebooted on stock 2.2 at least twice a day. CM is our own mostly "bugless beast" :laugh: of a rom.

No doubt cm7 has some issues. But it is just beta and still in developement. I have yet to get a reboot or force close. Been running it 4 days solid. But i agree, way better than stock.........not even a comparison. It just proves how much this phone can do. Hexen is a better example, fast, smooth, and as stable as it gets.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Right now i am useing cm7 which is by far the buggyest rom for the d2g and i can switch between 3-4 apps with ease. G-mail to calculator, check my text. Download a pic from said text and back to gmail to send the pic. No random reboots. No force closes. No freezing. Cant do that with stock.

That's weird. I'm running stock (rooted with bloatware frozen).

I switch between TweetDeck, Google+, AndChat, ConnectBot, Skype (the normal, non-Verizon version), Xabber, GMail, Unified Messaging, and Browser without any problems. No freezes, no force close offers, no random reboots.

Oh, and Cyanogen is a pure no-go for people like me who are on GSM/UMTS.

The people porting CM7 to D2G have absolutely no interest in supporting GSM (probably due to the whole Ve-reasonable “Who the hell needs GSM when we are on CDMA! GSM doesn't even exist!”), so I guess CM7 won't be an option anytime soon unless Motorola unlocks the boot loader.

William_04_x

Reaction score
Last update from me. Got refurbished replacement today. It looks brand new and works great. I forgot how great this device is.

Thanks for all the suggestions and your willingness to help bd. :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Last update from me. Got refurbished replacement today. It looks brand new and works great. I forgot how great this device is.

Thanks for all the suggestions and your willingness to help bd. :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Glad you got it sorted out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jakehansen

Reaction score
Vegas: I hope that refurb works for you. My wife's d2g had most of those same issues you mentioned, so we traded in for the refurb as well. Been using it for a month and now it too is getting buggy. She loves the d2g, but we're getting tired of lock-ups and random reboots. Might be time to abandon ship and ask Verizon for a different device.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Warlord2012

Reaction score
My lg optimus q has been having this same problem. No matter what I do the problem still persists. Root is not an option and I can't get a new phone. Please help! :(