Sound notifications

fourfives

Reaction score
Went from a BB tour to a D2....man I love this phone but I'm having issues with probably something that has a very simple solution.

I basically want to set me phone to ring on a call, but not make any sound notification when I get an email, facebook update...etc. I've gone blind trying to figure this out. Surely its easier than I'm making it out to be!

want a droid

Reaction score
Went from a BB tour to a D2....man I love this phone but I'm having issues with probably something that has a very simple solution.

I basically want to set me phone to ring on a call, but not make any sound notification when I get an email, facebook update...etc. I've gone blind trying to figure this out. Surely its easier than I'm making it out to be!

On the facebook app press the 4 square button and click settings and you'll see notifications and vibrate on notifications and notifications ringtone etc.

do the same if youre using the gmail app.

Reaction score
you need to go into the settings of each of the apps that you want and turn the notifications off for that app

usually when you are on the main page of the app hit the menu button (left most button) and then look for settings then notifications and usually there is check box to turn them off

or if you want them all gone to go settings - sounds and change it to the facebook pop, you can barely hear that stupid sound lol

and you get facebook notifications!!!!???? enjoy them while they work haha

OP
F

fourfives

Reaction score
Oh nice, thanks for the help...knew it would be so easy its hard :)

mindytyson3

Reaction score
i have quick profiles app on mine and you can make your own ring tone profile. i have one for night time so it is set to ring and not hear any other sounds on my phone like sms, mms, email...etc. its awesome. you can make up different profiles for whatever you like.

knight48

Reaction score
I have read through many threads and with info gained here and online elsewhere I’ve added my own notifications to my droid using the method of adding root files to my SD card. I can see them and I can assign a unique to each application I want. EX- I want one for each email (google, yahoo, work) one for voice mail and one for text messaging etc.
Thus far I am able to assign unique notifications for voicemail and text but each time I am in the specific email application and assign a unique notification if defaults the other email apps to that same sound.
Suggestions or tips?

joey301

Reaction score
I can't stop notifications

you need to go into the settings of each of the apps that you want and turn the notifications off for that app

usually when you are on the main page of the app hit the menu button (left most button) and then look for settings then notifications and usually there is check box to turn them off

or if you want them all gone to go settings - sounds and change it to the facebook pop, you can barely hear that stupid sound lol

and you get facebook notifications!!!!???? enjoy them while they work haha

This does not seem to be working for me. I have several email accounts combined under email. No matter how I do the settings, I am still getting a sound notification. Since I have syn turned ON, this is sending me constant notifications. I have gone to the Email app and found the notification settings, there I first tried unchecking the first box. That did not work, so I checked the first box, then on the second box where I choose sound, I chose silent. Still, I get the same notification. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to globally change all notifications to NO Sound?
Thx,
Joey

Barristro

Reaction score
This does not seem to be working for me. I have several email accounts combined under email. No matter how I do the settings, I am still getting a sound notification. Since I have syn turned ON, this is sending me constant notifications. I have gone to the Email app and found the notification settings, there I first tried unchecking the first box. That did not work, so I checked the first box, then on the second box where I choose sound, I chose silent. Still, I get the same notification. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to globally change all notifications to NO Sound?
Thx,
Joey

Possibly you have another App running that is giving you its alert when the notification comes in.

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Indvidualized Notifications for Different E-mail accounts

Thus far I am able to assign unique notifications for voicemail and text but each time I am in the specific email application and assign a unique notification if defaults the other email apps to that same sound.

Try the Handcent App. I have found that to be very customizable

Purluxry

Reaction score
after intsalling Mrbobrowitz "dropred" theme is get the "DROID " notification along with my custom tone along with an additional icon in notification bar. I have turned off all notifications in sound, and in the messaging. I get this with text, email, etc please help