Custom Email and SMS Notifications

jerrywaggoner

Reaction score
I am a complete Droid newbie - I've only owned my D2G for 4 days. I'm coming off a Blackberry Tour. One built-in feature of the Blackberry OS is the ability to assign different ring tones and alert tones to individual contacts, email accounts, etc, as well as customize the volume of each. I could have different sound profiles (Normal, Quiet, Vibrate Only, etc), and I bought a simple app that would let me switch between those profiles on a schedule.

I've managed to get customized SMS tones using Handcent, and it appears K9 will do the same for email accounts. What I really need is some kind of sound profile scheduler that allows for *exceptions*. For example, I am on call frequently and I need ALL emails and SMS coming from certain contacts (Nagios) to come through NO MATTER WHAT, and loud.

I welcome any help or assistance I can get with this. Whether there is a built-in solution that I've missed or third party app (free is always preferable but not a deal breaker). If I can provide more info that would help, let me know. Thanks.

And BTW, now that I've seen the Droid World, I will never go back. :)

Taegost

Reaction score
I remember having this conversation with someone several months ago, he was trying to set it up for his boss who is hard of hearing... He was trying to get it so that e-mails and calls from a certain contact would play a really obnoxious tone and vibrate constantly until it was looked at, even if the phone was on silent...
Unfortunately, I did not bookmark the conversation, nor am I able to find it via the search feature, which apparently doesn't accept literal strings... It keeps pulling up about 500 results.
I know the answer is in here in the forums, but unfortunately, I can't find it right now :(