Custom individual sms tones?

fire125k

Reaction score
Hi I just got this phone and left blackberry :) I do love how fast it is but there are a few things I would like to know if I can do.

1st. I am a firefighter and we get recalled by SMS on the BB I was able to set a tone for that contact so if I heard it I would know it was the FD. You can set ringtones for each contact but not SMS. Any help would be great.

2nd I do miss having profiles. On the BB I had one that I was able to make that when I was sleeping only calls and SMS would come in no email alarts. I did download Quick Profile but it does not give me an option to shut just emails it shuts all notifications off.

I really thank you for your help.

stacyadell

Reaction score
You can use SMSPopUp, handcent or chomp sms to set up different contact sms sounds. Handcent and chomp are very costumizable replacement applications for the native texting program and SMSpopup is simply a popup window that displays your text message. handcent and chomp have popup windows too. No matter which program you use you will have to disable notifications in the native text app or you will get duplicate notifications. They are all free so check them out.

Last edited:
OP
F

fire125k

Reaction score
Still needs help

I can't believe that Blackberry does something that a Droid can't. I need to have profiles on the phone and I have searched the internet for 2 days now. What I need to do is at night have phone calls and SMS make sounds and every other notifications go silent. The best way I can do this is have SMS POP so that I can have deferent sounds for my SMS. And use Quick Profile but I have to silence all but ringer. PLEASE there has to be something like the BB

LouS

Reaction score
ringo lite will also allow you to set custom sms notifications...

not sure about profiles though...

Turbod

Reaction score
Use Ringleader, its in the Market. I use the Pro version. I have different profiles, some notifications are silenced depending on profile that I have created. The onscreen widget makes it very convenient to change profiles.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SupermanAZ

Reaction score
Handcent FTW

Of all the options available, I like Handcent. It is very customizable. Sound, colors, notification, chat style... you name it. Everything is set at the click of a button. You can personalize notifications and SMS / MMS convos based on every person in your contact list. You won't be disappointed.dancedroid Droid X