Anyone else NOT getting any facebook notifications?

CarrieLynn

Reaction score
Hi All, i have had my droid 2 for a little over a week now, i had a bb tour previously.
I love the phone but the only thing i cannot figure out is why i am not getting any fb notifications.
I do get the email but i was expecting a separate notification like i got on my bb. I went into the fb settings and everything looks correctly set up. Anyone else having issues?

nickel4490

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Social media is configured and I went though all the settings to validate that I didn't miss anything. Still no notifications. Just emails. Please help!

Quanius

Reaction score
i think the facebook app has just not evolved sufficiently yet.. The only notifications I get are through email and then I have to go into the facebook app to read them. Needs help! My Blackberry app was great. It completely integrated with the native messaging system such that I never recieved an email facebook notification in addition to a facebook app notificaition. I would get a facebook notification in my inbox.. click it.. and go right to the facebook app that shows me the comment or whatever is new.

Facebook and Android need to take a page out of Blackberry in this respect and more seamlessly integrate this app.

OP
C

CarrieLynn

Reaction score
Did you install the social networking widget and ensure that your facebook is listed under services in it's menu?

yes i have that installed and i double checked all my settings again.
fb on android blows :mad:

player52

Reaction score
i think the facebook app has just not evolved sufficiently yet.. The only notifications I get are through email and then I have to go into the facebook app to read them. Needs help! My Blackberry app was great. It completely integrated with the native messaging system such that I never recieved an email facebook notification in addition to a facebook app notificaition. I would get a facebook notification in my inbox.. click it.. and go right to the facebook app that shows me the comment or whatever is new.

Facebook and Android need to take a page out of Blackberry in this respect and more seamlessly integrate this app.

yep one of the things i miss from my BB

droider4life

Reaction score
Im on a droid 1 and i solely use "bloo" from the market. Its by far the best FB app available.. you all should check it out.. Notifications work flawlessly

Quanius

Reaction score
Im on a droid 1 and i solely use "bloo" from the market. Its by far the best FB app available.. you all should check it out.. Notifications work flawlessly

Says it uses polling to grab data? I am pretty sure the standard FB app does not do this. I am trying to avoid apps that would worsen the already poor battery life from regular polling.

anuraj1

Reaction score

Says it uses polling to grab data? I am pretty sure the standard FB app does not do this. I am trying to avoid apps that would worsen the already poor battery life from regular polling.

I also solely use Bloo and it doesn't affect battery life at all unless you set the polling to ridiculously low amounts of time. The stock app does poll to check for notifications. You have the choice of polling every minute (which is too often IMHO) instead of every 30 min like the stock FB app. I personally poll every 2 min which is also probably too often, but I haven't had any adverse effects on the battery.

The dev is extremely helpful and friendly, and he is working on a new open source version of Bloo called "Bloo Too" which should be out soon.

kroik

Reaction score
I don't really use facebook, but I'm confounded by the possibility that there is no good fb notify app..

Isn't this what motoblur is supposed to do? I see a social networking among the default apps, i'm assuming you tried this.

brsmith23

Reaction score
Umm... Just a thought here, and I may come off like a butthead, but I mean it with the best intentions of your phone's battery life at heart.

Is your facebook so important that you need it to poll every 2 minutes? I personally set mine to poll every 4 hours, that way it doesn't kill my battery life. After I set it to do this, I noticed a substantial leap in battery life.

Oh, and never open the Blockbuster App. It's a battery draaaain.

jlamb30

Reaction score
The Facebook app has had issues for a loooong time. I MIGHT get a notification every three weeks. I finally turned of notifications in the app, and just use Dolphin and the full site.

anuraj1

Reaction score
Umm... Just a thought here, and I may come off like a butthead, but I mean it with the best intentions of your phone's battery life at heart.

Is your facebook so important that you need it to poll every 2 minutes? I personally set mine to poll every 4 hours, that way it doesn't kill my battery life. After I set it to do this, I noticed a substantial leap in battery life.

Oh, and never open the Blockbuster App. It's a battery draaaain.

There's a lot going on with my FB page. I keep in contact with most of my friends with it because I moved to Phoenix after almost 10 years in Colorado. I turned off email notifications, but if I set the FB app notifications to too long, I get a huge amount of them every time it polls. I could probably stand to make it less frequent, but I am getting good battery life, so why mess with it?

Reaction score
When i first got my D1 last Nov when they released it for about a month i got fb notifications. Just like if i got a text message the phone would go off and there would be the little fb icon in the top left corner. Then just stopped randomly and never did it again.....i just got my replacement phone today which is a D2 and my friend said a new facebook update that overhauled the app was released so i was hoping for a fix but i havent seen one notification yet. But come to think of it my friend doesn't get them either on his Evo so it must be a problem with Android blocking it or more likely the fb is still garbage and they havent fixed this yet.