Sound File Editing App?

WeakChopper

Reaction score
I have an Incredible and what I want to do is edit down a ringtone so it's only a couple seconds long, so that I can use it as a notification for texts and whatever. I have an R2D2 tone, but it's, like, ten thousand seconds long for some reason. I thought that it might be somewhat cool to have just a couple short chirps from him as a notification; but an endless soundbyte of him squawking and beeping is just too long. And searching Zedge I couldn't find any that were already made that were shorter than six seconds.
I could have sworn there was some way to edit soundfiles, through an app or something. But now my brain has died and I can't figure anything out. Ha.

Anyway, I figured that you guys know most everything there is to about this, so maybe you'd know.
Thanks in advance!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yup definitely ringdroid by only reading the title :)

OP
W

WeakChopper

Reaction score
Oh, yay! Thanks so much.

This is the first smart phone I've had since my old BB Curve eons ago (after that I had a basic Virgin Mobile flip-phone for the last, probably two years) and Droids make the Curve look like a rock with a numeric pad etched onto it, so I'm still getting the hang of some things.

OP
W

WeakChopper

Reaction score
Wow. You guys are geniuses. I have already downloaded, edited and set up my one second long R2 noise as my notification. And I think it took me less time to do than the original sound file was long.

Amazing! I am thrilled stupid right now.

masonicemblem

Reaction score
Were you able to assign your custom ringtones to your notifications like text and voicemail with the app? And if so how do you navigate to it on the incredible? I'm lost and thought i've tried everything already.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Were you able to assign your custom ringtones to your notifications like text and voicemail with the app? And if so how do you navigate to it on the incredible? I'm lost and thought i've tried everything already.

most of the notifications will be in settings. you can customize further by going to certain apps and changing it from the default to what you want

masonicemblem

Reaction score
Oh okay. I see. But you cant assign ringtones to specific notifications, just all notifications overall right?