Editing Notifications

darkspartan098

Reaction score
I have finally gotten the new Droid Razar and Love IT!! I was wondering if there was a way to edit the text message notifications so that each person has their own. I know you can do this for ring tones and I have that all figured out. But I would like to do it with the Text Messages. Is this even possible and if it is...how? Thank you for all your help.

DarkSpartan

Deron

Reaction score
I don't think that is possible with the stock apps and operating system. I have never found an option to customize notification sounds for specific contacts, just custom ringtones. Perhaps an app from the Android Market might do this for you.

Welcome to Razr ownership. Hope to see you around the boards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

dmisc

Reaction score
You can customize text message notifications with the Handcent app from the market.

OP
D

darkspartan098

Reaction score
Got the Handcent

Got the app...how do I assign a tone for one person and a different one for another...

Wopback

Reaction score
You can customize text message notifications with the Handcent app from the market.

Sweet!!! Yes you can, good info...thanks dmisc

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved Droid RAZR

dmisc

Reaction score
Got the app...how do I assign a tone for one person and a different one for another...

open app
choose contact
on top right of app you will see a figure of a person with a flower looking icon....press this
hit notification settings
then notification sound

you can change your notification tones from here.

OP
D

darkspartan098

Reaction score
If you combine this app with the app that is an MP3 ring tone maker...you can literally make any ringtone you want and put it as a notification...it's like a jukebox for you text messenger...I love it already.