Sony's Cybershot Device?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Malvado, May 25, 2011.

1. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Sony Ericsson has yet to officially out the thing, but it definitely is not the first time press shots have preceded an actual announcement.The device has a distinct curviness to it and has that all-important 16 megapixel Exmor sensor. Judging from the back shot, it looks like you might be able to expose the camera by pulling down a switch, but that’s just my own assumption. Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves, though – we absolutely must question whether or not these shots are real. They look professionally done and look about as close to official press images as they can get, but the original shot of the device showed hardware buttons on the left and right sides of the Home button, as well. Here, it appears they’re only capacitive buttons.

2. droid doctor

droid doctor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    16 megapixels that's crazy my droid 2 has 5 that's 3.2 times better than my camera.

3. Malvado

Ratings:
    +15
    yes theres been alot of leaks about sony making a phone camera with that high megapixels

4. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hate the form factor, color, and the fact that its sony. But damn do I want a nice camera like that. My D2 "5 MP" camera is a joke. I can draw better pictures with crayons when I'm drunk.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

5. Malvado

Ratings:
    +15
    well the original leaked photo is a little different and its black i'll post a link to the other leak i posted

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s-depot/147086-android-cyber-shot-device.html

6. patfactorx

patfactorx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Points for originality

7. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Senior Member

Ratings:
    +153
    Seriously? I love it. So different from every thing else out there. About time someone broke the "we want to look like an iPhone" mold. :icon_ banana:

8. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    Looks like another win for android :)

9. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Dang that thing is nice.

10. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +324
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    That sure is sexy. If it is indeed real, I'll be curious as to how the camera performs. Having 16 megapixels doesn't mean anything if the sensor isn't big enough and the lens isn't good. Fitting a large, quality sensor in something that thin, with that small of a lens, will be very difficult, especially to get quality 16mp shots. The Exmor R sensor in the Arc is one of the best, but the pictures it takes are still, in most cases, very much cell phone pictures.

11. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I love the look of it, although I don't see a real reason to have to slide something to expose the camera, unless they want it to look a lot like a camera from the back, er.. front...

12. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Senior Member

Ratings:
    +153
    My guess is that it is a lens protector. I think the idea is that this will be for someone that wants a PnS camera and smartphone rolled into one.

13. electric6

electric6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would be interested in this phone if:

1. SE promised to deliver software updates/fixes in a timely fashion to their consumers.

2. It had dual-core.

3. 1gb of RAM.

4. QHD 4.3-5.0" screen.

I doubt any of these though. Usually with phones such as this, they are so aimed at a specific market, that they miss out on many of the features that make a good smartphone, "smart" in the first place. So yes, very likely a great camera, but im betting it will be at a severe cost to the rest of the hardware specs. lol prob a 320x480 screen, outdated 1ghz single-core, 512mb of ram, and ancient version of android, which would not be updated until right before it gets discontinued. Sad, but with novelty phones its usually the case.

14. dja1980

dja1980 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I agree. I don't pay too much attention to megapixels since, IMO, higher resolution doesn't make a BIG difference in smaller prints. My 2MP Sony Cybershot from 2002 takes better pictures than my 5MP Droid. Plus, more megapixels = larger files = more difficult to store and transfer. However, I would love to own a phone that is built around a good quality camera.

15. CalvaryMike

CalvaryMike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Megapixels is mostly a marketing scam! Don't fall for the scam. If you don't believe me, just talk to a professional photographer or do a simple search on the internet. Lens, light, color and tones are more important technically. I can take a shot with an old 3 mp dslr and it'll blow away any 8+ mp point and shoot or camera phone. I'll even blow it up to 13" x 19" and no one would even know it was taken with a 3 mp camera.

Search tags for this page

does sony qx10 work with droid razr maxx

small android phone

will the sony cyber shot qx-10 work on a droid razr m