Sony's Cybershot Device?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sony Ericsson has yet to officially out the thing, but it definitely is not the first time press shots have preceded an actual announcement.The device has a distinct curviness to it and has that all-important 16 megapixel Exmor sensor. Judging from the back shot, it looks like you might be able to expose the camera by pulling down a switch, but that’s just my own assumption. Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves, though – we absolutely must question whether or not these shots are real. They look professionally done and look about as close to official press images as they can get, but the original shot of the device showed hardware buttons on the left and right sides of the Home button, as well. Here, it appears they’re only capacitive buttons.
sony_ericsson_cybershot_android_2-small.png
sony_ericsson_cybershot_android_1-small.png

SOURCE: Sony Ericsson “Cyber-shot” Android phone pictured » Eurodroid

droid doctor

Reaction score
16 megapixels that's crazy my droid 2 has 5 that's 3.2 times better than my camera.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Hate the form factor, color, and the fact that its sony. But damn do I want a nice camera like that. My D2 "5 MP" camera is a joke. I can draw better pictures with crayons when I'm drunk.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hate the form factor, color, and the fact that its sony. But damn do I want a nice camera like that. My D2 "5 MP" camera is a joke. I can draw better pictures with crayons when I'm drunk.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Seriously? I love it. So different from every thing else out there. About time someone broke the "we want to look like an iPhone" mold. :icon_ banana:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That sure is sexy. If it is indeed real, I'll be curious as to how the camera performs. Having 16 megapixels doesn't mean anything if the sensor isn't big enough and the lens isn't good. Fitting a large, quality sensor in something that thin, with that small of a lens, will be very difficult, especially to get quality 16mp shots. The Exmor R sensor in the Arc is one of the best, but the pictures it takes are still, in most cases, very much cell phone pictures.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I love the look of it, although I don't see a real reason to have to slide something to expose the camera, unless they want it to look a lot like a camera from the back, er.. front...

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love the look of it, although I don't see a real reason to have to slide something to expose the camera, unless they want it to look a lot like a camera from the back, er.. front...

My guess is that it is a lens protector. I think the idea is that this will be for someone that wants a PnS camera and smartphone rolled into one.

electric6

Reaction score
I would be interested in this phone if:

1. SE promised to deliver software updates/fixes in a timely fashion to their consumers.

2. It had dual-core.

3. 1gb of RAM.

4. QHD 4.3-5.0" screen.

I doubt any of these though. Usually with phones such as this, they are so aimed at a specific market, that they miss out on many of the features that make a good smartphone, "smart" in the first place. So yes, very likely a great camera, but im betting it will be at a severe cost to the rest of the hardware specs. lol prob a 320x480 screen, outdated 1ghz single-core, 512mb of ram, and ancient version of android, which would not be updated until right before it gets discontinued. Sad, but with novelty phones its usually the case.

dja1980

Reaction score
That sure is sexy. If it is indeed real, I'll be curious as to how the camera performs. Having 16 megapixels doesn't mean anything if the sensor isn't big enough and the lens isn't good. Fitting a large, quality sensor in something that thin, with that small of a lens, will be very difficult, especially to get quality 16mp shots. The Exmor R sensor in the Arc is one of the best, but the pictures it takes are still, in most cases, very much cell phone pictures.
I agree. I don't pay too much attention to megapixels since, IMO, higher resolution doesn't make a BIG difference in smaller prints. My 2MP Sony Cybershot from 2002 takes better pictures than my 5MP Droid. Plus, more megapixels = larger files = more difficult to store and transfer. However, I would love to own a phone that is built around a good quality camera.

CalvaryMike

Reaction score
16 megapixels that's crazy my droid 2 has 5 that's 3.2 times better than my camera.
Megapixels is mostly a marketing scam! Don't fall for the scam. If you don't believe me, just talk to a professional photographer or do a simple search on the internet. Lens, light, color and tones are more important technically. I can take a shot with an old 3 mp dslr and it'll blow away any 8+ mp point and shoot or camera phone. I'll even blow it up to 13" x 19" and no one would even know it was taken with a 3 mp camera.