Something is KILLING my battery life!!

tnronin

Reaction score
I have installed juice defender and it says I'm saving 1.5 etc as far as I can understand it. I just know that since I have installed JD I will loose alot of battery. For example I lost 10% in the first Jr with the Droid just sitting. And down to 50% in three hours. I am about to uninstall JD and see what is going on.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uninstall DJ and get the 'watchdog' app from the market. It looks specifically for apps that are using to many CPU cycles and/or to much power and tells you (but does NOT kill them or anything, this is NOT a 'task-killer') it works great (i.e. uses barely any power or cpu cycles and doesn't interfere with the system).

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
I downloaded watchdog and nothing jumped out as using cpu resources. I've uninstalled juice defender so we'll see. I fully plan on getting a droid 2 extended battery.

This phone is a refurb, I wonder if it has a bad battery?

Jordan8

Reaction score
Go into settings -> battery something -> & touch the battery for a usage list

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I uninstalled JD for this very reason and just got a D2 extended life battery :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

lerit50

Reaction score
I was in your same situation.

Install clockwork recovery and go to the advanced menu there and delete dalvik cache and delete battery stats.

I did this today and now am at almost 9 hours off charge with 70% still remaining. I didn't think it was for real at first but I cannot believe it. I can finally use my phone the way I want to again.

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score

Install clockwork recovery and go to the advanced menu there and delete dalvik cache and delete battery stats.

I did this today and now am at almost 9 hours off charge with 70% still remaining. I didn't think it was for real at first but I cannot believe it. I can finally use my phone the way I want to again.

Hey I like the potential there! BUT its not in the market place. I also don't have a rooted phone. Did I miss something? Thanks for the input.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hey I like the potential there! BUT its not in the market place. I also don't have a rooted phone. Did I miss something? Thanks for the input.

Yeah you'd have to be rooted to do this, and since you're not I don't think this is the problem anyway since the battery stats usually mess up if you're flashing roms or kernels. you may have to get an extended battery if nothing is jumping out at you in battery usage...

do you have antivirus or app killer installed? if so, get rid of those...

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
I have ATK on my phone. I will uninstall it and see where we go. Thanks.

I had hoped that ATK would speed up the system and thus save SOME battery.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have ATK on my phone. I will uninstall it and see where we go. Thanks.

I had hoped that ATK would speed up the system and thus save SOME battery.

Yeah get rid of it, android has built in memory management, and an app killer honestly just uses more resources/battery then saves...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Make sure you reboot after you uninstall ATK

DroidForums Junkie!!

Reefdiver

Reaction score
Turn off the wifi when you are not using it the same with blutooth. Also turn off live wallpaper.