Some Radical Galaxy S8 "Leaks"

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Looking forward to the Galaxy S8 is one sure fire way of forgetting all about the nightmare that was the exploding Galaxy Note 7. It is kind of early in the release cycle, as we won't see an official announcement of the Galaxy S8 until just before Mobile World Congress in February, however we are already starting to see a bit of speculation and leaks on this device. Some of these "leaks" are pretty radical and should be chalked up to rumors while some of them actually seem to fit.

Forbes has posted a list of 7 notable rumors for the device. First up is an Edge-to-Edge display with no Physical home button. I for one think this would make the front of the device look stunning and would give the lineup a revolutionary look. Though I have become pretty used to the physical home button. I think Samsung is likely to play it safe. We should see a similar design as what we saw with the Note 7.

Next up is the prediction that the S8 will have a 4K display. This has been a go to rumor for the past few iterations of the Galaxy S lineup. If there were ever a good time for Samsung to include a 4K display it would be now. If they ever want to see their VR units flourish it will be with the kind of quality you would get from a 4K display.

Dual lens cameras. This fits because this happens to be the current trend. We have seen dual lens setups from Huawei, LG, and Apple and it would only stand to reason Samsung will jump on board. The phone is also said to be rocking the Snapdragon 830 in the US and the Exynos 8895 in other markets. These chips use the 10nm processes for a 20% boost in performance and a 40% boost in battery life savings.

It seems like Apple may have paved the way the headphone jackless phone. Rumors are coming out that the S8 won't have a headphone jack, but will have USB Type-C. The final rumor is that we will see two display sizes both featuring the Dual curved edge displays. This is exactly what I expect to see and I believe this is what consumers want. Samsung has already placed orders for 5.1" and 5.5" displays. You can take these rumors with a grain of salt. We should know much more about these phones in the coming months.

via Forbes

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice update, maybe this will be a good update for replacing the Note.

Sent from my New Note 7