Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Specs Leaked!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
C5TrS5WVYAAZfoz.jpg

Over the past several weeks we have seen leak after endless leak regarding the design of the S8 and S8 Plus. We have also heard rumor after rumor about the specs for these devices. Today we received a small gift from epic leaker Evan Blass. It looks like their won't be any "Edge" variant as both devices will have dual curved edge displays. Their will be no flat display variant. These phones are nearly identical in their specs minus the Display size and the battery size.

Galaxy S8 Specs:
-4G LTE capable
-5.8" full rectangle/ 5.6" rounded corners Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Display
-12MP Dual Pixel Main Camera
-8MP front facing camera
-IP68 Dust and Water resistance
-Iris Scanner
-Secured by Samsung Knox
--64GB Memory with support for External microSD Card
-4GB
-Samsung Pay
-Wireless Charging
-Android Operating System
-Earphones tuned by AKG

Galaxy S8 Plus Specs:
-4G LTE capable
-6.2" full rectangle/ 6.1" rounded corners Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Display
-12MP Dual Pixel Main Camera
-8MP front facing camera
-IP68 Dust and Water resistance
-Iris Scanner
-Secured by Samsung Knox
--64GB Memory with support for External microSD Card
-4GB
-Samsung Pay
-Wireless Charging
-Android Operating System
-Earphones tuned by AKG

The batteries are expected to be 3,000mAh for the S8 and 3,500mAh for the S8 Plus. These battery sizes may seem a bit underwhelming, but the smaller batteries are in response to Samsung's findings that too large of a battery in too small of a package was the main culprit of the Note 7 fires. Do these specs entice you? Will these devices be worth the upgrade?

via @evleaks

GAstorino

Reaction score
Looking great. Only thing is why do they always go the way of Apple and skimp on the memory and storage just so they can increase it next iteration for more money. Memory is not that expensive when doing it in bulk and plus their international units always seem to be double what they sell in America.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
So what changed from last year's model besides smaller battery and larger storage? I see no reason to upgrade if you have s7 or s7 edge.

Amagine

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that this will be a bezel-less device Xeene. 6.2 at full rectangle would leave no room for a home button unless they stretched it out.
However, I will say, that they could fix the battery problem by not making phones that are waffer thin. Everyone's phone ends up in an otter box any way. Just make the phone that thick and durable from the get go. Plenty of room for a battery and storage after that.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
So what changed from last year's model besides smaller battery and larger storage? I see no reason to upgrade if you have s7 or s7 edge.
No Home button? Back fingerprint scanner, iris scanner.... little to no bezel.

seems like plenty enough for me.

I'm pretty sure that this will be a bezel-less device Xeene. 6.2 at full rectangle would leave no room for a home button unless they stretched it out.
However, I will say, that they could fix the battery problem by not making phones that are waffer thin. <b>Everyone's</b> phone ends up in an otter box any way. Just make the phone that thick and durable from the get go. Plenty of room for a battery and storage after that.

I HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER use a case that big. I use TPU cases and sometimes no case at all. I would hate it if every phone started being ungainly and stupidly large just because people "might" use an otter box.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
No Home button? Back fingerprint scanner, iris scanner.... little to no bezel.

seems like plenty enough for me.

I HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER use a case that big. I use TPU cases and sometimes no case at all. I would hate it if every phone started being ungainly and stupidly large just because people "might" use an otter box.

These all seem like very trivial reasons to upgrade a very expensive device. Other than the Iris Scanner, the S7 has all of these capabilities, just implemented in a different way. It already has a finger scanner, and anything the onscreen nav buttons can do can be done with the physical buttons on the s7 :shrug:.

drexnerd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20
4GB ram is disappointing but an iris scanner and AKG tuned earphones (whatever that means) is a pretty neat.

realged13

Reaction score
I will also be waiting for the Note 8. I will also be one of the first to purchase it as well. If there is another issue, I know I can get some more free stuff haha.

Caesars

Reaction score
Looks good, seems like more of an "s" upgrade that apple would do (not complaining). I'll have to compare this to the G6 and decide !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
The Biggest thing to compare for upgrading will be whichever SoC it uses in Comparison. If its using a newer SD then it should Be Faster and More Efficient. I still happy with my Moto Z Force.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think I'm passing on these phones ...they look great though ...but I just don't see leaving my iPhone for now ...I think either next Pixel or Note or iPhone will be my choices to pick from come 3rd Qtr

7+

dumpyloser

Reaction score
Do people actually want to get rid of the home button? I think this is the dumbest thing! I have an s7 edge and it is laggy at times and without the home button no other keys are responsive.

The logic as I see it, is Samsung wants a bigger screen and not a bigger phone, so they make the screen bigger and use the screen for the buttons, so that the useability factor for the screen is identical as it would have been if they had just left the buttons to begin with.

Also What moron wants to unnaturally hold the phone to use the the fingerprint sensor on the back?

Having had the note 7, I will tell you all that the IRIS scanner is horrible and not worth using.

The note 7 looks like it will could go down as the best samsung phone EVER if Samsung keeps going backwards.

at the very least give us more RAM.

/Rant