Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus Could Top $1200.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
So, if the S8, 64GB is $950, that is still $40/month. The plus will run at least another $5 per month. That is crazy. If that is what it is, I can't imagine what the note 8 will run.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
So, if the S8, 64GB is $950, that is still $40/month. The plus will run at least another $5 per month. That is crazy. If that is what it is, I can't imagine what the note 8 will run.
Keep in mind that this is a Leak and not in stone. As for the Note 8, I don't think we will see one in the near future if at all.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I guess whoever is trying to tank Samsung is doing a pretty good job.

Who in their right mind would put a product with a price point like that out, especially after the exploding phone debacle.

But hey, I guess they saw they could get away with it when people were lining up to pay $800 for a re-branded HTC (Google Pixel)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I guess whoever is trying to tank Samsung is doing a pretty good job.

Who in their right mind would put a product with a price point like that out, especially after the exploding phone debacle.

But hey, I guess they saw they could get away with it when people were lining up to pay $800 for a re-branded HTC (Google Pixel)
This won't tank them. Worst case scenario, they offer discounts, BOGOs, etc.

What will be more interesting if this rumor is true is to see what Apple puts the next iPhone at.

I'd be winning to bet, if Samsung moves enough devices at this price point, the fruit company will creep up there too.

Sent from my Pixel XL

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Well they better do the discounts off the start , in today's economy there are very few people that will buy at that price point just because they cant afford to do so.

I had verizon call me the other day trying to get me to buy another phone and come back to them.

I told them no thanks when they tried to screw me again with the 50 % off on the moto-z with the 50% being taken off the bill of a full price charge over 24 months instead of taking 50% off the phone and let me pay for it up front.

I would normally buy another phone when my contract was up which was last year , but instead I'm riding this one m8 out until it drops. The performance on phones has pretty much topped out so I just don't see the need to change every 2 years. I will just wait until the phone dies and buy another one at that time.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well they better off the discounts off the start , in today's economy there are very few people that will buy at that price point just because they cant afford to do so.

I had verizon call me the other day trying to get me to buy another phone and come back to them.

I told them no thanks when they tried to screw me again with the 50 % off on the moto-z with the 50% being taken off the bill of a full price charge over 24 months instead of taking 50% off the phone and let me pay for it up front.
I think they'll sell just fine. Most people are used to the payment plans, so $10-15 more a month isn't going to driver EVERYONE away.

Some, sure, but the hardcore Sammy users will gobble them up.

Will be interesting to see if this rumor proves true & how it really affects sales. I'm sure it will, but I don't think it'll be devastating to their bottom line.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Well they better do the discounts off the start , in today's economy there are very few people that will buy at that price point just because they cant afford to do so.

I would normally buy another phone when my contract was up which was last year , but instead I'm riding this one m8 out until it drops. The performance on phones has pretty much topped out so I just don't see the need to change every 2 years. I will just wait until the phone dies and buy another one at that time.
They actually called AFTER you had already voided your contract and went with a different provider in hopes of getting you to return to their service??

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
They actually called AFTER you had already voided your contract and went with a different provider in hopes of getting you to return to their service??
I was a verizon customer since before it was verizon. I had been with them since the bell atlantic/nynex days (how many of you young 'uns remember them)and have spent thousands of dollars with them and brought them many customers after hurricane fran when I sung praise about how their system stayed up when all others were down.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was a verizon customer since before it was verizon. I had been with them since the bell atlantic/nynex days (how many of you young 'uns remember them)and have spent thousands of dollars with them and brought them many customers after hurricane fran when I sung praise about how their system stayed up when all others were down.
Ya, I was a loyal customer too, almost 20 years, before I decided to take a risk and try TMofo. Haven't looked back since, but then again, they haven't tried to call me :(

My bill went from $120/month to $50/month for the same ish.

Bye Felicia.

But getting back to this pricing debacle, people will pay what is asked of them, if they want what it is that is being sold, period. Also, people will pay more for an item they feel makes them almost exclusive.

This is why Apple sells an all black iPhone 7 for more money, because fewer people will have it, making it seem as if they are somehow better than the people that could only afford an iPhone 7 in space pink!

Last edited:

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Yea I was/am with them from the analog bag phone days. Might make a change tho, even with a $50 bill I can get more elsewhere for that same $50 with only a slight dip in coverage.

But I seriously don't know why phones cost more than computers. Well I do know why but you know what I mean lol. That said I don't see myself paying more than $500 for a phone anymore, especially since they're all leveled off on the spec sheet. Because after 2 years the battery is gonna be shot, or it won't charge anymore, or the mic is busted, etc etc...

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
After 2 years of charging every 2 hours or so (because I'm addicted to 100%), my Nexus 6 still has 89% of it's battery still usable (which means the 3220 mAh battery is now performing like a 2880 mAh battery.

At this rate, in another 2 years, my battery would be about 78% of it's capacity, and in 4 years 67%.

But who cares, the world would have ended by this time anyway, and there will be no power to charge my phone.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
, in today's economy there are very few people that will buy at that price point just because they cant afford to do so.

I'm tired of hearing that. "In today's economy". I've been hearing that for 20 years. Has the economy ever been good?
Unemployment 5%
Hourly wages up 2.8%, the biggest increase in 7 years (Stat from October, 16)
What are the restaurants like near you on a Friday night? 1 hour wait pretty much all over town where I live. You would think in a bad economy I'd be able to walk in a get a table somewhere.
There are plenty of people out there doing just fine.

This is not a political post, it's not because of one guy or the other. We may not all be swimming in money, but some people make it sound like we are on the edge of collapse. and have been for 20 years.
If someone could afford a $750 Note last year, I think they'll probably spring for the extra $15 /month and get this bad boy.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing that. "In today's economy". I've been hearing that for 20 years. Has the economy ever been good?
Unemployment 5%
Hourly wages up 2.8%, the biggest increase in 7 years (Stat from October, 16)
What are the restaurants like near you on a Friday night? 1 hour wait pretty much all over town where I live. You would think in a bad economy I'd be able to walk in a get a table somewhere.
There are plenty of people out there doing just fine.

This is not a political post, it's not because of one guy or the other. We may not all be swimming in money, but some people make it sound like we are on the edge of collapse. and have been for 20 years.
If someone could afford a $750 Note last year, I think they'll probably spring for the extra $15 /month and get this bad boy.
No way in h3ll I'm waiting an hour to get in Waffle house lol jk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Samsung need to regroup their losses from the phones and the exploding dancing washing machines. However, if I had not purchased my Moto Z for $360 (over 24 months) from Verizon I would never have paid $720 for a phone. And even then, would not upgrade unless they dropped the $30 upgrade fee.
I think they'll come out swinging with the S8 and the Note 8 will be a huge success. They are afterall, the father of the phablet. :)
As for the 30 dollar "upgrade fee"....nobody should be paying this. Most folks don't realize that you can protest this charge and 9 times out of 10, get out from paying it. Myself and a few family members who have upgraded in the past 6-8 months all refused to pay this charge and after a bit of haggling with various supervisors, had the charge waived. Stick to your guns folks! More people need to protest these ridiculous charges instead of simply saying "ok, here's my money".