Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus Could Top $1200.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
C3vWJ9EVcAA874Z.jpg

Samsung postponed its Galaxy S8 launch and thus left more time for rumors to thrive. According to latest leaks from an industry insider, the Galaxy S8 will sport a Dual ADC camera, which should in theory enable better color depth. The same insider also revealed availability and prices for the device.

Follow
萌萌的电教 @mmddj_china
S8's CMOS may support Dual ADC.IMX204 support Dual ADC.But S8's CMOS is not IMX204,I think.BTW,IMX204 is 20MP 1/1.7,it's not for smartphones

6:35 PM - 1 Feb 2017

According to the leak South Korea and China will get devices with 6GB RAM and not the lesser ones with 4GB. At least the Asian markets have the option to choose between 64GB or 128GB internal storage. The price for the 64GB Galaxy S8 is going to be CNY 6,088 (approx. $885) and the latter will be priced at CNY 6,488 (about $943).

Europe and the rest of the world, on the other hand, will also have a third option - a Galaxy S8 with 4GB RAM and 64GB. Rumors do not say what the pricing will be for such device, earlier leaks suggest $950.

We are expecting two versions of the device to appear at retailers, both of which will have dual-curved, edge-to-edge displays.

The Galaxy S8 is expected to have the same footprint as its predecessor the Galaxy S7, sporting a 5.8 inch Quad HD display and a 3,250mAh battery.

The S8 Plus is expected to have a larger 6.2 inch QHD AMOLED display and an impressive 3,750mAh battery.

Previous reports indicate the S8 and S8 Plus are expected to lose the physical Home Button and retain the headphone jack as well as having a number of other technological advances including a USB-C port for charging and syncing.

The new technology will come at a price with the device expected to retail in the US in the $1200.range for the top of the line models – or so a Chinese tipster has revealed although Evan Blass, a prolific leaker did suggest that this figure was over the top.

Source

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I really wish Huawei or one of the other companies that're big outside the US could crack the code and make a mark on the market. They're making great devices at a fraction of these prices. It'd be really interesting to see how Samsung reacted if Huawei or someone else put out a competing phone that could actually gain a foothold. Wish they'd dump their ugly UI. That might help. The other big issue is that none of these other companies seem to be able to compete as far as advertising dollars.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I really wish Huawei or one of the other companies that're big outside the US could crack the code and make a mark on the market. They're making great devices at a fraction of these prices. It'd be really interesting to see how Samsung reacted if Huawei or someone else put out a competing phone that could actually gain a foothold. Wish they'd dump their ugly UI. That might help. The other big issue is that none of these other companies seem to be able to compete as far as advertising dollars.
There are a handful of companies that can easily compete with Sammy in the US. Some of them have shown interest in selling their product in the US.
I would venture to say that any plans to do so are on hold pending Trump's threat to impose a 35% boarder/import tax.

R

RETG

Samdung need to regroup their losses from the phones and the explodiing dancing washing machines. However, if I had not purchased my Moto Z for $360 (over 24 months) from Verizon I would never have paid $720 for a phone. And even then, would not upgrade unless they dropped the $30 upgrade fee.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There are a handful of companies that can easily compete with Sammy in the US. Some of them have shown interest in selling their product in the US.
I would venture to say that any plans to do so are on hold pending Trump's threat to impose a 35% boarder/import tax.
Can't say I blame them there, but a few have tried. Huawei's been selling devices here for a little bit now, even before the 6P. Xiaomi (sp?) tried last year, but didn't seem to have much luck.

Not to mention, Samsung is technically a Korean company, so they (should) be subject to the same tariffs or taxes or whatever the administration has in mind. Again, their deeper pockets from selling plenty of other things than smartphones may help them there.

The competition is definitely stale here, though. And I'm sure plenty of people will still pay these prices, especially with device payment plans being the new norm. You're gonna see this cost make your monthly bill go up. Personally, more than $25 or so a month for a device payment plan is more than I care to swallow.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
If you want to compete, doesn't it make sense to undercut your competition by $50/100 if you have comparably spec products. But what do I know, they have millions in marketing to waste yet not a dime in common sense or customer feedback...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Wait... Lemme get my wallet...

d9Xxg.gif

But none of them show any interest in making a phone that runs on Big Red.

It's no coincidence that on all except one of the major carriers bringing your own phone always seems to be just a wee-bit too troublesome for the average "normal" to attempt with confidence. Just about everywhere else on the planet you can walk into a carrier store and walk out with a functioning SIM operating in your device in under 15 minutes.

However, in the U.S. the salesperson has to fumble around on the computer/register, go get a manager, make a call to somewhere, go get a handheld device of some sort..., etc. And, then ask what's wrong with the phones that they have in stock.

For some reason the iPhone and the 'old' Nexus lines had radios that worked on any carrier. It's not like the technology is exotic, it's been around for 3-4 years. But somehow, U.S. carriers have phone manufacturers afraid to incorporate the universal radios in their devices and import them here.

Last edited:

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Wait... Lemme get my wallet...

d9Xxg.gif

It's no coincidence that on all except one of the major carriers bringing your own phone always seems to be just a wee-bit too troublesome for the average "normal" to attempt with confidence. Just about everywhere else on the planet you can walk into a carrier store and walk out with a functioning SIM operating in your device in under 15 minutes.

However, in the U.S. the salesperson has to fumble around on the computer/register, go get a manager, make a call to somewhere, go get a handheld device of some sort..., etc. And, then ask what's wrong with the phones that they have in stock.

For some reason the iPhone and the 'old' Nexus lines had radios that worked on any carrier. It's not like the technology is exotic, it's been around for 3-4 years. But somehow, U.S. carriers have phone manufacturers afraid to incorporate the universal radios in their devices and import them here.

exact thing happened to me once in verizon. i was like wtf nevermind Im late for my date at mugshots dude smh lol

Amagine

Reaction score
This is also why I generally grab the prior year's model. By the time the next one comes out, the price for the year prior will have found the bottom.