Soft Reset problem

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did a search and didn't come up with much so I'm here, noob that I am.

Backstory...
I've had my Droid about three weeks and decided to do a little upgrading. Did a lot of reading and studying and on Sunday rooted using the "Root 2.1 buy using SPRecovery" on this forum. All went well and I had root! For additional resources I DL'd ROM Manager (both), played a little with Clockwork Recovery, checked out some of the available ROMs and really haven't done much else (gotta work you every now and then). Was thinking about going with Buggless Beast later this week, but....

Today.....
Going through my phone from the home screen I hit menu, settings, then Accounts & sync.....
This is where the soft reset comes in. As soon as I choose account & sync it hangs for a moment, then resets. Motorola logo, Droid, droid eye then home screen just like doing a reset from SPRecovery or Clockwork. Everything else "seems" to be working as it should. Not sure where to begin any diagnostics so any help would be appreciated.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I don't know if I can help, but what recovery do you have on your phone now? Have you done any nandroid backups?

Also, it may be hardware related as some of the early Droids did this and were happily replaced by VZW.

OP
wricks

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I did a backup with SPRecovery before and after I rooted. But since I did the backups, I installed Clockwork and (even after using the alternative flash - SPRecovery) every time I boot to recovery, it's clockwork with no nandroid backups.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you were able to get past the soft reset?

Rom Manager do allow you to use SPRecovery instead of ClockWork. open RM, scroll down and tap Flash Alternative Recovery. One caution --- ClockWork will only replace a backup made with ClockWork and SPRecovery will only restore a backup made with SPR. So, if you go with SPR make sure you use SPR to make your backup.

Hope this helps.

Mike

OP
wricks

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that - NOW! LOL Since I didn't have a lot on phone @ the time, I just did a complete wipe and started from scratch (stock). Think of it as a chance to practice some old skills and learn some new ones.

But yes, I no longer have the soft reset issue. As I said, I believe it was because CW had not been configured completely/correctly. Self induced issues.

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry you had problems but glad they were resolved.