Social stuff

aggiechase37

Reaction score
So I froze a lot of moto stuff. Right now, on the social networking widget, if it says that someone has posted a picture, and I go to look at that picture, it give me a white box instead of a picture. Anyone have any idea what to unfreeze?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
So I froze a lot of moto stuff. Right now, on the social networking widget, if it says that someone has posted a picture, and I go to look at that picture, it give me a white box instead of a picture. Anyone have any idea what to unfreeze?

If you just froze it, then go into titanium backup and unfreeze social network widget. If you used the script from xda, use root explorer and go into system, app, and delete the .bak

sent from Rooted Droid 3 using Droid Forums

himdroidSC

Reaction score
I thought you had to rename the .bak back to the .apk. that is what I have been doing for the apps I wanted to restore. Since the xda script renames the .apk's to .bak's, wouldn't deleting the .bak file cause you to lose the app permanently?

nu2droid

Reaction score
The xda script didn't rename it to .bak.. it just added it to the file.. like "YourFileName.apk.bak"
Just need to remove the .bak

OP
A

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I used 99cent bloatfreezer app from the market. The only social thing I froze was social location. So I'm not sure. The widget works fine and when you open it it scrolls fine through the updates, but if someone posts a picture, it shows a default white and gray mountain looking thing where the picture should be, and if you click on it it just shows what looks like a picture except its nothing but white. I'm lost mcgee!