So what you are telling me is that we are not even in the top 10

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Whether it be Verizon, ATT, Sprint, or T-Mobile they all are trying to convince us they have the fastest most reliable network. And at what we pay for a plan, especially data plans, you would hope that we could boast having one of the fastest internet connections in the world. Well it looks like we are not even in the top ten.

WHAT!!!!

That's right, our average consistent LTE speeds across the board is even looking up at China. Yeah it really makes you ask the question about where the money is going and "what infrastructure".

Next time I see one of those commercials advertising how great their network is I'm going to be thinking in my head "China, we aren't even better than China".

Source: Which country has the fastest mobile network?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow! My rebuttal is if other countries have a lower percentage of their population that use smart phones and those countries that have less smart phone users are ones where those users are concentrated in urban areas, then it could skew the results. In the US, probably 90% of the adult population have smart phones scattered in every urban and rural part of this country. A good percentage of those users will be in areas with poor coverage. If China only has 50% of their adult population with smart phones (I have no idea if this is so) and chances are they are in areas with good coverage, then it will look like they have better coverage....maybe?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...Yeah it really makes you ask the question about where the money is going and "what infrastructure"...
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Advertising! Our carriers spend waaaaaaay too much money on advertising, in my opinion. We all know who the major carriers are, we all know what their logos look like by now. If they would all spend less on ads trying to convince us that they are better than the others, and spend that money on their own networks...we might be number 1 on that list.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I believe that the reason is MUCH LESS REGULATION in those countries. Our U.S. tyranny...er, Government is oppressive in so many economical and infrastructural ways that it makes it very difficult to build out systems and supply these services to consumers. Also, we have consumers who want the services, but DON'T want the towers in their back yards. Over in other countries, they are far more tolerant of wires, antennas and towers in their skyline than we are, and in some they really have no say as they are run by the Governments.

It's no secret that the U.S. has quickly (less than one generation) and dramatically fallen behind other countries in so many very critical areas of commerce and education, and it's all due to this oppressive Government. We used to be the number one in many areas where now we are in the second or third tens in terms of ranking. It's really a regulatory issue for the most part, again, IMHO.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only country on that list that impresses me is Australia. The rest of them are so small that you could fit all of them inside Texas and have room to spare.