So tell me, how is your froyo 2.2 experience?

iojk9999

Reaction score
What changes have you found for better/worse. Log them here as you discover them and it helps each other.

Happystranger

Reaction score
-lost su access (even though I moved su to xbin prior to the update)
-X is laggy and slower than before
-maps force closes sometimes

My advice to those not updated yet..wait for the real OTA. I just hope RSD works for me because some folks are reporting that RSD won't recognize their device after update. Sucks if you're bricked.

Morgan

Reaction score
So far so good. Was a really simply update, root was retained. Phone was a little slower off the jump but either I have gotten used to it or it got faster. Either way, phone is still wicked fast. I ran quadrant and was right up there with the N1 with 2.2 so that should day something.

Haven't tried Maps yet but I havent seen anything FC on me. Chrome to Phone is working as expected.

oo3

Reaction score
It was a little laggy for me too but after a couple reboots it seems to be fine. Quadrant score is 1364 now as opposed to 1270 on 2.1.

I have also noticed that the text in the center gets distorted a little when I scroll up and down when in the app drawer or any other app that requires scrolling.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Everything is pretty good for me, got the old bloatware off. Just don't like the new Google Search feature that stays running, and the new Office app. Had a FC once when I was looking at the battery usage and I clicked on the actual picture of the battery to see detailed usage. Other than that no issues.

tam5070

Reaction score
I have a lot of text threads and never delete texts so some times the threads get very long. One thing I just noticed in 2.2 is that it has the little button slider on the edge that you see when you're in contacts. Really useful if you're a big text messaging/not deleting guy/gal.

ccomengee86

Reaction score

My advice to those not updated yet..wait for the real OTA. I just hope RSD works for me because some folks are reporting that RSD won't recognize their device after update. Sucks if you're bricked.

Mine lagged like a ***** at first. Then I removed ATK and now it FLIES!!!!

crazy talk

Reaction score
the lags alittle bit at the lockscreen. everything else is a big improvement.

i didnt lose root either.

Morgan

Reaction score

what is ATK?

crazy talk

Reaction score

what is ATK?

Let me google that for you

OP
I

iojk9999

Reaction score
It's a third party app. You have to install it before you remove it.