So tell me, how is your froyo 2.2 experience?

TheJester34

Reaction score
Havin a great experience so far. Quadrant went from 1280 to 1459, runs smooth, love the new menus and the way everything works, definitely love the layout of the market. Works great. I have a stock X, never rooted for what it's worth

Seano

Reaction score
-lost su access (even though I moved su to xbin prior to the update)
-X is laggy and slower than before
-maps force closes sometimes

My advice to those not updated yet..wait for the real OTA. I just hope RSD works for me because some folks are reporting that RSD won't recognize their device after update. Sucks if you're bricked.

i had a huge issue with flashing the SBF today. kept going into boot loops so what i did was a factory reset from recovery and luckily last night i made a nandroid backup. so i went from the stock 2.1 downloaded one of those one click root programs, and also koush's bootstrap program. then just restored my backup from last night and all was good.

Malkavian

Reaction score
My experience has been mixed. At first the system seemed to be killing my battery. So I've been reading and have removed a couple of the widgets on the home screen and removed the ATK I was using. We will see what battery life is like tomorrow. Otherwise, don't like the twitter app, I like Twidroyd better. I still don't like the stock launcher and have gone back to ADWlauncher.

Otherwise all is good.

Michael

vatothe0

Reaction score
I've had a few issues so far.
In order of occurrence, not severity....
1. Handcent shows 3-5 FC's when I reboot my phone. After that they stop.
2. The camcorder would quit to the main screen when I tried to record something. 2 reboots seems to have resolved this though.
3. Notification light is inconsistent and doesn't always light up for a new text.
4. Handcent will not send a picture but the stock messaging app will.
5. Message order in Handcent is jumbled. The most recent received is not at the top of the main screen and then the actual new message from that person is not at the top or bottom of the thread. My last sent message is usually at the bottom but their latest incoming message is somewhere in the middle.
6. Mototorch no longer works

fwaggle

Reaction score
Absolutely loving it. The entire phone is snappier, though I don't really notice the improved boot time, and the slide2unlock thing seems to lag a bit, and my camera bugged out once and a reboot cured that... but everything else is awesome.

-lost su access (even though I moved su to xbin prior to the update)
-X is laggy and slower than before
-maps force closes sometimes

/system/bin/su is probably in the path before /system/xbin/su is. If you definitely copied the file to /system/xbin/, try running "/system/xbin/su" instead of just "su".

After doing so, either copy the su from /system/xbin to /system/bin/, or just busybox chmod u+s /system/bin/su, and you should have your regular su back.

If you don't have /system/xbin/su or it's not suid, you did something wrong. :D

My advice to those not updated yet..wait for the real OTA. I just hope RSD works for me because some folks are reporting that RSD won't recognize their device after update. Sucks if you're bricked.

AFAIK, this is the OTA update. I believe they pushed out an update for certain people as a final test, someone snatched it and leaked it. It stands to reason therefore that the OTA update is going to be identical, unless they make changes beforehand in which case people who upgrade now can upgrade again.

Also, with the SBF, there should be no reason you should be bricked at all.

engle2192

Reaction score
Well i used Rom manager to install my 2.2 on the X and at first i didnt wipe data and cache. Once it booted up it was running sooooo slow! and i got kinda worried, so then i reinstalled it but this time i wiped the data and cache and its amazing! its running fine and the battery life is AMAZING! like i can tell a big difference. I put the rom on at 4 oclock today and i was at 60% life, its now 9:30 and it just now went down to 50%. Iv been texting and trying the flash player out so im using it a good bit.

edit: ohhh the only thing that iv seen messing up is when i power down the phone and try to restart it, it gets stuck on the moto sign. i then have to take the battery out and reboot. then it starts up with NP.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
After doing some editing on the build.prop file (per birdmann's advice), my quadrant scores are around 2100. Everything is much snappier and the final version of flash is so much better than all the betas I used to run on the Droid.

fwaggle

Reaction score
After doing some editing on the build.prop file (per birdmann's advice), my quadrant scores are around 2100. Everything is much snappier and the final version of flash is so much better than all the betas I used to run on the Droid.

Can you link to the build.prop stuff? I just figured it was for building your own kernel which wouldn't work on a production X, I guess I figured wrong? :D

Venable

Reaction score
Just updated to 2.2 and now GPS doesn't seem to be working.

Any advice?

oo3rex

Reaction score
Just updated to 2.2 and now GPS doesn't seem to be working.

Any advice?

My gps has been really flakey since i upgraded too. Hoping someone has some info, otherwise i guess ill just wait till the next update :) its not enough to make me flash back to 2.1

hacku

Reaction score
Only problem I had was losing SU because I didn't move su to the xbin folder.

After flashing SBF, re-rooting and upgrading to Froyo I've had no problems.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
When I upgraded I had a few glitches, but then I just wiped the data/cache and reinstalled my apps, and everything is working great. My GPS at first was acting up before I wiped, as well as some other apps.

TeslaLED still doesn't work, however DroidLight does. I move su so I still have root. Wifi Tether works fine since I did a data wipe.

The phone runs MUCH smoother, scrolling, and so on. No problems with Handcent.

All in all it was an easy experience and would recommend it to ANYONE who hasn't messed around with their bootloader, or anything else on the phone prior other than root. My phone was as stock as can be, with the exception of root. And as much as many hate to do it, I'd do a data wipe, cache wipe before running the update... I've always done this in the past, and have had very little problems because of it.