So tell me, how is your froyo 2.2 experience?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So just lost my Market, keeps saying network error no matter if I try Wifi or 3G. Will keep testing, it was working earlier after root not sure what happened.

fwaggle

Reaction score
So just lost my Market, keeps saying network error no matter if I try Wifi or 3G. Will keep testing, it was working earlier after root not sure what happened.

I think Market is broken. The default page is busted on my wife's stock Droid2 as well - searches work though.

I don't think it's update related.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh ok cool, man was worried for a second. Thanks

jstuart83

Reaction score

I think Market is broken. The default page is busted on my wife's stock Droid2 as well - searches work though.

I don't think it's update related.
YEA market is broken my wifes droid and my x are not working also i havent had any issues with the 2.2 update even seems that the exchange issue is fixed i had to use the sbf file restore to delete bootstrap recovery, then booted up the phone to makes sure it booted, then booted to recovery and loaded the update file and everything has been great so far

InfamousDX

Reaction score
Mine's been fine. I haven't had any specific hangups since the upgrade - retained root, all my apps, Market is fine, battery life seemingly better.

The one thing I can think of is that it's restarted maybe 2-3 times today. I'll see what that turns into in the coming weeks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My battery usage started acting up again, has to FC everytime. Guess all and all that isn't to bad.

Exiled

Reaction score
I'm liking froyo so far. But I do miss my theme and status bar. Hopefully someone can get this working soon. I'm loving flash-- I've been playing flash games all afternoon (and still have decent battery level which is another plus). The only issue I had with the upgrade is that battery manager wasn't working at first, but it seems to have self corrected the issue (maybe it was rebooting? I have no idea...)

Venable

Reaction score
When I upgraded I had a few glitches, but then I just wiped the data/cache and reinstalled my apps, and everything is working great. My GPS at first was acting up before I wiped, as well as some other apps. .

Thanks, this fixed the GPS problem.

dumluk2002

Reaction score
Generally the update has not been noticeable except I lost my SWYPE..wont reinstall and still cant get enough help to get it back.

Lost Helixlauncher apparently not compatible with 2.2

Love the mass update in market...very cool.

Seano

Reaction score
i was also having issues with handcent after the update. it was also showing the wrong time on messages received. the time stamp on messages sent was correct but messages received had a 4 hour difference.

ejkny

Reaction score
Generally the update has not been noticeable except I lost my SWYPE..wont reinstall and still cant get enough help to get it back.

Lost Helixlauncher apparently not compatible with 2.2

Love the mass update in market...very cool.

You MIGHT not have lost Swype. The keyboard has been redeisigned, and looks very similar to the stock keyboard. I got tricked by this until I tried swyping on what I thought was the multitouch keyboard. Hope this is the case for you and helps.

bcals0087

Reaction score
Anyone notice when rebooting you get stuck on the moto logo but the phone boots up? Twice I rebooted and this happened and both times I had to do a battery pull and that did the trick. Any way to fix this?