So, should i steer clear?

Badbird2000

Reaction score
Ok guys, i have the original Droid (not sure what it's called, apparently it's a relic). My battery died over the weekend, so i had to buy a new battery. Took me 4 stores to find one, the only one the Verizon store had was the extended life. Not bad.. Anyway, while the first store didn't have any, they tried to get me to upgrade to a new phone. Sure, my battery is dead, so it makes sense to spend $250 for a new phone. Um, no.. just need a battery. But, i did look at the HTC Thunderbolt, and was smitten with it. There are throwing the 4G switch for us hillbillies here in Knoxville next week. I keep reading bad reviews on the battery life for the Thunderbolt. Is anyone happy with it? My Driod can hold a battery for nearly the whole day, with some email checking, using the internet 3-4x a day, 3-5 phone calls. Pretty decent.
So, would i would be miserable with the HTC or would the speed and newness overtake the bad battery..?
Thanks

comk4ver

Reaction score
No, wait for something that tickles your fancy...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Kittysback

Reaction score
I really don't have battery issues. I unplug it at 5:00 AM and put it back on charge around 9:00 PM... And battery isn't dead then, I'm just done with it by then. Others like me have no issues, but some on here do. Overall I really like my TBolt.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

OP
B

Badbird2000

Reaction score
Yeah, i would for once like to be on the cutting edge of technology.. not the backside like i usually am! Lol.. also, i understand that sometimes results in being a guinea pig of sorts.. there will always be small bugs to work out of anything new..

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you root your Droid? You can do the same for TB; dev support for the device is excellent.

vince5623

Reaction score
Just got it this weekend and I love it. Fast phone and 4g is as fast as my Ethernet. My battery is at 63% after 4 hours so its not bad. Root it and get bamf sense 3.0 and its the best vzw phone out there

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Did you root your Droid? You can do the same for TB; dev support for the device is excellent.

It really is. Verizon is non existent. If u get a Droid plan on rooting and relying on the dev community for support.

When I need help with something o just go online and I usually get an answer in minutes

OP
B

Badbird2000

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for a year and a half, i come on here very rarely. Not really clear on rooting or what it does for the phone. I am some what tech savy.. i was able to reset my Droid sometime back when it freaked out.

tc3

Reaction score
I cane from an original Droid also and now wither the newest update the phone runs pretty decent....except for the very poor battery life.

I use my phone very little during the day...a few text and check fb occasionally and I have to charge it during Lunch and still barely make it through a day. While on 3g only.

But back to the phone hardware....its actually fairly outdated....it was outdated when it came out for the most part. I would wait a for a month or so and see what else there is.

tc3

Reaction score
Just got it this weekend and I love it. Fast phone and 4g is as fast as my Ethernet. My battery is at 63% after 4 hours so its not bad. Root it and get bamf sense 3.0 and its the best vzw phone out there

Almost half way drained in four hours is terrible.

Kittysback

Reaction score
After 9 hours and 53 minutes of being off charge, my battery is at 66%. Not bad. Some text messages, internet browsing and FB. Moderate use.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

AlienDROID

Reaction score
Mine doesnt drain nearly that fast and I leave it in 4g all the time. I recommend looking up the batter tweaks you can do. Such as leaving bluetooth/gps on only when you need it. Disable animations. Etc etc

I've had mine unplugged since last night at midnight and my battery is at 76%. I don't use the hell out of it but I do text/make a few phone calls.

This phone is very powerful therefore it takes some extra juice to keep her going. Also with a screen this size its gonna use power.

Dim your screen down not always on full bright.

Set advance task killer to auto kill tasks

Set the screen to go dark after 30 seconds inactivity.

Thats all I can remember right ATM.

jseah

Reaction score
I cane from an original Droid also and now wither the newest update the phone runs pretty decent....except for the very poor battery life.

I use my phone very little during the day...a few text and check fb occasionally and I have to charge it during Lunch and still barely make it through a day. While on 3g only.

But back to the phone hardware....its actually fairly outdated....it was outdated when it came out for the most part. I would wait a for a month or so and see what else there is.

I don't know if it is the update, or if it is the fact that I have the Google+ app running on my phone now, but my battery life has gotten worse since I installed the update. I am using an extended battery and prior to the update and installing Google+, the battery would last a full 18-20 hours before the battery meter goes red and warns me to plug the phone back in. Now, the extended battery tells me that I need to recharge after 9 hours. It is like I am back to using the standard battery.

My screen brightness is set to Auto and the display constantly shows as using anywhere from 65-70% of the battery.

kparks

Reaction score
Thunderbolt is awesome and u will be overtaken by its coolness.. or just get the extended battery and turn everything as high as it can go that's what I do lol.