Should I Trade?

michaelearth

Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal at hand: I currently own a DROID x and my sister has the htc thunderbolt. They both are in like new condition. Now my sister absolutely hates the battery life but loves the phone. So she has offered me to switch phones with her AND she would give me $100.

Now I wanna switch but im worried that the battery life will piss me off too. Maybe a custom rom will help. But the fact that its not locked excites me..... ugh I don't know what to do...

What's your guys opinion?

Thanks

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would. Is take 50 out of the hundred and buy the 1600 ma battery and root and rom it. Battery life is tolerable if u underclock with screen off and use WiFi or 3 g when acceptable.

Is take one over an x for sure

ridin the lightning

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
I Luv my DX but Just to have that Sense UI , faster browsing,and 4g, I would do that trade. A great rom, root and maybe an extended batt should cure your batt life concern.

dirtnasty

Reaction score
Download juice defender that's the best battery saver you can get I have it on my thunderbolt and I love it

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

iddanceaway

Reaction score
My husband has a Droid X and I got a TB two weeks ago. I whined about the battery life (in the battery life thread). Determined to "win" I went back and looked at the DInc2 (again) and the Charge. Hands down--no way I was changing to anything else. Better screen, faster, smoother, great call quality, no problems so far with any sort of random re-booting... I've never liked the Droid X when I've played on my husband's, and I agree that the Sense UI is great. I stopped whining about the battery, bought the larger one, and I haven't looked back. (Also, I don't consider myself a power user and the phone is unrooted so far, if that helps at all.)
I'd go for it and get the battery with the cash, as suggested : ) Then take her to dinner to say thanks!

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I would. Is take 50 out of the hundred and buy the 1600 ma battery and root and rom it. Battery life is tolerable if u underclock with screen off and use WiFi or 3 g when acceptable.

Is take one over an x for sure

ridin the lightning

I would argue that the battery life is tolerable even on the stock O.S., it just depends on the user's usage and tolerance level. There are too many applications out there that can help you manage the battery life. If you live in a LTE area, you can forget about preserving the battery life regardless of which LTE phone you own.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I can tell you right now that you won't be disappointed with the performace. It is currently the best performing 1GHz phone on the market. Heck from what I've read the DX is a better performing phone than the Droid Charge, which is producing scores in the 900s.

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
I've had this phone for almost a month now and love it. It's rooted and is set to conserve battery when the screen is off, and I turn off data completely when I'm just texting or not using my phone, when I'm around a charger ill leave data on, preferably 4g, its ridiculous. But with data off when I don't need it and about 100 text per day, with some Facebook, I usually get like 12-15 hours, if I turned the blight down I would get more. However if I leave 4g in and am online a lot, ill get around 5-8, so I tend to make sure I'm around a charger when doing that. You'd be really lucky to take up that deal

sent from my BAMF HTC thunderbolt!

ziggy484

Reaction score
Battery life is not bad at all if you turn of 4g, i get at least 15hrs and i use my phone all the time, stock unrooted.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
From what you guys all have said it makes me wanna do the switch.

I live.in south dakota so id be able to just turn off 4g completely. Im also excited about the overclock capabilities.. I read last night that some guy was able to get.to 2ghz!!!

But I do decide to switch is there any way to transfer my text messages over to the bolt?

Thanks

Last edited:

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
From what I know you can't switch messages. But your contacts and everything will be all restored through your gmail account

sent from my BAMF HTC thunderbolt!