Free Thunderbolt...should i take???

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by titanville05, Mar 25, 2011.

1. titanville05

titanville05 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My situation is this. I am ready for a new phone. I currently have the og droid and was offered a new thunderbolt with a contract upgrade this morning on the phone by vz rep. I do not have an office job and am not exactly able to charge my phone during the day. I typically will get to 40% or 30% battery life on my droid after the day of use. The TB is obviously amazing, its being offered for free, but the battery life is an issue for me. I would love some suggestions from everyone. I am a new member for droid forums by the way but i have been visiting for about 9 months. Thanks.
    dancedroid

2. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The battery wont last as long as your old D1....so either dont get it or get an extended battery for it.

3. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,073
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    Concur. If you can't charge during the day get an extended battery.

4. titanville05

titanville05 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and the guy is supposed to call me today at 1 central time after I can play with one at a store.
    Thanks for the quick replies already.

5. hobby31

hobby31 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    You'll love the thunderbolt. I came from the DX and have had the incredible and original droid. The battery.....not good. I got the extended one from verizon. I think it's the 2700 mA. Comes with a different back for the phone and it does stick out about 3/16 of an inch but the difference in battery life for me is amazing. I was down to 20-30% in the evenings with the original one. I haven't dropped below 60% since I've had the extended. I went jogging with the gps on, runkeeper app running, and streaming a radio station through 3g, all for 40 minutes and only dropped 5% in battery. I don't get 4g where I live so I don't know how well it does with the 4g service. Anyway, if you get the phone definately get the battery at the same time and save youself the trouble.