So screwy!

EVSP

Reaction score
I had 96% on my phone when I got to work and I power it off and throw it in my locker til lunch since I get no reception at my job... Turn it back on a few minutes ago and now I have 48% battery!! Really!? How does that happen when it's been off for hours?? Smh!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

hatchna

Reaction score
Is your Rezound running the new OTA update? I have heard reports that there is a service on the phone, Verizon Location Service, or something to that effect which effectively makes the phone remain active at all times, decreasing battery life dramatically. My Rezound doesn't have that problem, but I'm also running a custom ROM with the bloatware removed, so the Verizon Location service isn't on my phone.

You can try freezing the service and, such, but I don't know what kind of luck you'll have.

OP
EVSP

EVSP

Reaction score
Yeah, but my phone was literally powered OFF... :-\

hatchna

Reaction score
Ahhh, gotcha... Missed that part. That's what I get for speed reading. I've got no idea how the battery can drain while powered off.

OP
EVSP

EVSP

Reaction score
Yeah me neither :-(

Fastbird

Reaction score
Do you have it set to fastboot? I think that's a sort of sleep setting rather than fully powered down....may have something to do with it.

Posted from my Rezound

kparks

Reaction score
Do you have it set to fastboot? I think that's a sort of sleep setting rather than fully powered down....may have something to do with it.

Posted from my Rezound

Sound like a problem with fastboot 2 me id turn it off i never use it on mine
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it isn't fast boot I'd ask Verizon for another battery, especially if it does it again.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

OP
EVSP

EVSP

Reaction score
Yeah, I had fastboot on... I'll shut it off to see if that helps... thanks peeps! :)