So no 3G while on a call?

Reaction score
Or am I not setting something correctly?

When I am doing network stuff with the phone and a call comes in, I answer the call and place it on speaker, then try to go back to what I was doing (since it supposedly multi-tasks), but the 3G stops and nothing requiring the network can connect anymore.

Is this by design or did I miss something?

phillyphill39

Reaction score
been like that for years. cant be on a phone call and do anything requiring the internet. its a limitation of cdma

travelingfool

Reaction score
Your X, as with all VZW phones for that matter, is CDMA, and is unable to do simultaneous voice and data while using VZW's network (if not connected to wifi)

travelingfool

Reaction score
Woops, sorry, phillyphil beat me to it and posted while I was typing, lol. Looks like I need to get better at typing on my new toy.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wifi still works if your in range of a network..

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
Okay, so by design.

Thanks guys. I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Also, my last phone was an LG enV Touch... not exactly a smart phone, but it definitely didn't task well.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or am I not setting something correctly?

When I am doing network stuff with the phone and a call comes in, I answer the call and place it on speaker, then try to go back to what I was doing (since it supposedly multi-tasks), but the 3G stops and nothing requiring the network can connect anymore.

Is this by design or did I miss something?

When LTE (4G) rolls out (and you upgrade to a compatible phone), this will be possible. Until then, WiFi will work.