So if/when I get the nexus one...

rda990

Reaction score
Can I use the same google account on the Droid and Nexus One?? I would like to use both phones...switch out at any time (use one for 1 week the other for the next) or something like that,I could transfer apps back and forth by backing them up and restoring them...will the gmaill account sync without any problems??

Extra(Root)...If i make a backup (From recovery) of the data part of the Droid and (If/when the nexus one gets rooted) restore it on that,would it work?

jr313

Reaction score
Yes u can switch back and forth with no problems i do it between my droid and eris all the time just sign into ur google account and you should be good to go itll sync your contacts when you sign in and apps..

streetkid

Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day.

If phones were cheaper, I'd like to have 2 or 3, maybe 4 to switch between to keep it exciting, kind of like having several pairs of sunglasses.

johall07

Reaction score
Yes u can switch back and forth with no problems i do it between my droid and eris all the time just sign into ur google account and you should be good to go itll sync your contacts when you sign in and apps..

you mean like just sign in once and they both will stay signed in or is it like when you sign in on one the other signs out and vice versa

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score

you mean like just sign in once and they both will stay signed in or is it like when you sign in on one the other signs out and vice versa

Yeah does it sign the other off at all?

jr313

Reaction score
No you cant have 2 phones with the same # activated at the same time only one can be active at a time...u have to dial *228 from ur phone and follow the directions presented they ask for the # u want activated and ur last 4 of ur social they activate over the air after that u sign in to ur google account and your good to go...you have to turn the phone that your switching from off in order for the process to work also...

Last edited:
OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
No you cant have 2 phones with the same # activated at the same time only one can be active at a time...u have to dial *228 from ur phone and follow the directions presented they ask for the # u want activated and ur last 4 of ur social they activate over the air after that u sign in to ur google account and your good to go...you have to turn the phone that your switching from off in order for the process to work also...

Yeah I know about that...I was talking about if my google id would let me and wouldn't interfere with both phones

johall07

Reaction score
lol yea sorry i completely forgot that the op said he would be switching off i kept thinking work/personal two separate numbers

jr313

Reaction score
there shouldnt b a problem at all its all in your google account when you sign in they should reappear just as ur contacts do and emails so should ur apps just go into market and under downloads...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh, isn't March 23 the date for getting the Nexus on Verizon? Only a couple of weeks ago there were multiple folks here assuring me that was the dead certain date. I won't be holding my breath tomorrow but I suspect others may be.