Just bought Droids. Buy 1 get one free last week. Exchange one for a Nexus One?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by demon69120, Mar 18, 2010.

1. demon69120

demon69120 New Member

Not really going into detail,but last week my Step Dad bought himself a Droid and since you get one free he gave me the other. I love this phone so much, but I kind of wanted the Nexus One's design, which the Verizon guys said wouldn't be out until Q3 when I asked them about March 23 last week. Basicly, since there's a 30 day return policy I was wondering if I can take advantage of that and get a Nexus. The thing holding me back is that it was buy one get one free, so if we returned them we'd still need probably $200 more to get both Nexuses, or just $200 if I returned mine. Anyways, how would it work?

ADD: 713King what you just said may have sounded obvious, but wow I am stupid. I still have my EnV2 so why not just keep that until and return my droid now. So... basically since it's buy one get one free I just go and say, here's my phone, and give me my upgrade back for later? I kind of have BUYERS REMORSE? KTHXBY

and it will all work out? If that's the case I'll unroot it and send it back to stock now. Look, I'm just worried that since I got this phone buy one get one free they won't return it alone.

I guess I regret wasting my upgrade on this phone, though it was free. I have an iPod Touch as backup ;). I want to keep my Dumb Phone until something (if possible) cooler than the Droid or even Nexus comes about.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  2. 713King

713King New Member

Well why not return and wait for a review for Nexus to see if it has any connection problems ect. Also HTC Incredible might come out soon as well so i think return and wait and keep dumb or smart phone for a couple of more weeks.
  3. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

The NExus will not be bogo sorry. It will only be available through Google. Ususally VZW's offer for BOGO is in store or purchase from VZW. Not from google. I say keep your Droid. It's better than the N1 anyways
  4. demon69120

demon69120 New Member

Well, maybe not the Nexus, but my goal I guess is to trade the phone for an upgrade that I can save.
    (without paying).
    Possible that they will take it? Buy one get one free issue.
  5. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

You can't do that becasue the Nexus One won't be sold through Verizon, so your idea won't work.

Pretty much if you want A Nexus One on Verizon, you have to buy it outright.
  6. demon69120

demon69120 New Member

Got it. Thanks. Guess I'm just saying though I love my Droid to death, I kind of don't need it and regret using my upgrade. I mean, I want to use my dumb phone as long as possible and keep my upgrade in case, because the Droids features are fun, but not really needed by me right now. I'm wondering if since I didn't pay for my Droid, but got it free with a promotion happening, would I be able to take back to Verizon and trade it back for my upgrade without a fee? I got it a week ago.
    this --> Well, maybe not the Nexus, but my goal I guess is to trade the phone for an upgrade that I can save.
    (without paying).
    Possible that they will take it? Buy one get one free issue.
  7. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Best bet is to ask Verizon if you want confirmation.
  8. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Your Step Dad got the BOGO, and you are using the 2nd one from Him Correct?

If thats true, You did not use your upgrade....
  9. demon69120

demon69120 New Member

You're serious? I can keep my droid and upgrade? Yes he added a line to our account buying a Droid and it got me one with the deal. I think it uses my upgrade as well.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  10. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Call 611 and ask them when your number is due for an upgrade. Don't give them a big story, just ask that question.
  11. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

whoah.... it was buy a DROID get and ERIS free. are you saying you both got DROIDS?

-=Jason=-
  12. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Word out on engadget today was the incredible will be released within two weeks...thats the phone you should get!
  13. demon69120

demon69120 New Member

No, it's has been buy one Droid get a Droid free and buy an Eris get an Eris free in my town for about a month now. Yeah it used my upgrade...
  14. Brokn68

Brokn68 New Member

This is what I would do.
  15. demon69120

demon69120 New Member

Yes, I already said that I have no upgrade so I don't need to call 611. Thanks. Gonna swing by Verizon later, you think they'll give me back my upgrade. Having terrible second thoughts, like any Droid user, but I think it's for the better because other amazing step ups are happening by next 2 years (a Nexus One or HTC Incredible aren't what I'm talking about, IMO, the Droid is still #1 after I have realized power isn't an issue, since the Droid can be at 1.3 GHz and the design is actually sexy).
  16. scribes200581

scribes200581 New Member

This is impossible.

Im sorry, but you apparently didnt even read the contract, or the offer.

The only Buy One Get One REQUIRES activation PER LINE. Meaning both of those Droids should have brand new lines. Totally different from your current phone plan, in no way tied to one another, doesnt replace it, etc.. so theres no way it used your upgrade. The real question is, how rich is your family that they just go out and randomly sign up family members for new 2 year cell phone contracts without first asking about previous contractual obligations?
  17. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

Buy a Motorola Droid, get a Motorola Droid free has been the deal here where I live for over a month now. My sister took advantage of it recently. Two Droids for $200 plus tax. Pissed me off since I paid $200 for one, but I was one of the first people in my town to have a Motorola Droid.

-Mike
  18. demon69120

demon69120 New Member

I wasn't exactly the one reading the contract, but on the website it says Buy One Get one Free $199.99 with new 2 year renewal. It did in fact use my upgrade (or take my number with a new line). I guess if what you are saying is true, it might be alright because I can just swap phones with another family member who has an upgrade in 2 months wanting a Droid instead of her BB. This does make since though, because my Step Dad switched himself and my Step Brother over from there account the same time, but that may be because they just wanted to. I'll talk to my Mom when she gets off work.
    Rich no. We just have extra money considering we live cheaply and have some vehicles paid. My Mom is very impulsive though.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
Search tags for this page

buy 1 get 1 free cricket phone

buy one get one free until it last