1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nexus One Pro: Nexus One with a Keyboard (Bad for Droids)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by spazma7ik, Jan 10, 2010.

1. spazma7ik

spazma7ik New Member

Nexus One Pro: World Phone With Keyboard, Bigger Battery? | Android Phone Fans

Wow, I know you can never keep up with technology, but this really sucks! Part of the reason I was so happy to own a Droid over a Nexus One was because of the physical keyboard, and it isn't even that great on the Droid (not horrible though). I have a feeling HTC will make a damn good keyboard if it's anything like the Touch Pro 2.

EDIT: Okay, not bad for Droids, bad for MY Droid.
  2. NickWgnr

NickWgnr New Member

Hmmm... We will have to see. Its a cool idea but who knows how long until it will be out. I don't see myself getting a new phone for quite some time considering how amazing the DROID is but ehhh we will see. I can upgrade in April so if something even more amazing (doubt it) comes out I can always pick it up :icon_ banana:

Wagner :motdroidvert:
  3. CorvetteAustin24

CorvetteAustin24 New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they did come out with this, it makes total sense for them to do it. However, with anything with Enterprise tacked on to it, comes an enterprise price.

How is this bad for the droid? I love mine, I don't see how a new device hurts mine any? Especially one that is just focused on an enterprise business model, that's a completely different market than for consumers. Stop worrying about new devices and just enjoy the one you own!
  4. Mercuie

Mercuie New Member

I don't see how any Nexus stuff harms Droid. I don't see how any phone harms any other phone. Its not like as you're walking down the street your phone has to go into a street battle and "serve" other passersby's phones. Though i guess if it was a phone dance off the droid speaker pretty much has every other phone whipped, for now.

All good android devices are good for droid and android in general. It will make devs wanna make/port apps for us, and thats a good thing... mostly! Can't all our phones just <3 each other?
  5. CorvetteAustin24

CorvetteAustin24 New Member

Hahaha that's a funny image!
  6. asmallchild

asmallchild New Member

sounds like it's just a rumor right? no confirmation yet
  7. natty_lite

natty_lite New Member

I have no idea whatsoever how that has anything to do with the well being of a Motorola Droid. Phone wars are beyond lame.
  8. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie New Member

The "Droid killers" are already showing up. Oh well, Droid, you had a good run. Two months may seem like a short time but, face it, it's over. :D

The point being there are going to be a gazillion new phones, some with the Android OS, some without, some from Google, some from elsewhere, with keyboards, OLEDs, 7 MP cameras, .....

Whether or not they "ruin" your Droid for you depends on your needs. I'm happy with mine for a good long time.
  9. dualsub2006

dualsub2006 New Member

Did I not read a story on TechCrunch that said that the Nexus One was the first of a series of devices? Why yes, now that I look in to it I did;

Nexus One Coming To Verizon And Vodafone, First Of A “Series Of Devices”

Now, that story doesn't say that HTC will not make all of these phones, but it also doesn't say that it will. Who knows, the next "Google Phone" may just be a Motorola with a slider.

Aside from that, competition is what the consumer needs in this space. The last thing that we need is a situation that exists with the iPhone where there is one model. It would be great to see Motorola continue to innovate and deliver new and compelling phones that deliver a great Android experience. The ball is in their court. I, for one, did not anticipate Google saving themselves only for Moto.
  10. coolkidd

coolkidd New Member

Nexus One Pro... Interesting... If ever this becomes true, at least we will all have selections to choose from Verizon. I use to remember 3-4 years ago that if you want a smartphone, the only way to go this route is the MotoQ.
  11. solarliving

solarliving New Member

HTC Phones

The biggest downer for the Nexus One or N1 pro is the fact that they are made by HTC. After owning 4 different HTC made phones that lasted less than 6 months, I'm more than willing to give Motorola a try.
  12. joshua117

joshua117 New Member

13. authority11

authority11 New Member

Your edit doesn't make any sense either. How is this bad for YOUR Droid?
  14. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

If the two years of my current contract pass by and there isn't an amazingly better Android-based phone then that blows away a Droid in every respect, I am going to really be angry. Now that Android has added a million plus new users in two months, we can be certain that we've all moved to a place that is thriving and evolving. If it doesn't evolve, something's busted.
  15. StepDroid

StepDroid Official Site Vendor Premium Member

I think its lame and exposes other issues for people to continually have to validate the purchase of the Droid..... this is now a flagship device which means it will get better and better over time...... the Droid is the top anDroid dog right now.... nexus did nothing to change that... especially with their current issues. You got to know that moto is looking at Droid II possibilities soon.... MY BIGGEST CONCERN IS IF MOTO COMES OUT WITH NEW DROID BEFORE MY EVERY 2 IS UP.... I'd buy it anyway.
  16. iPirate

iPirate New Member

Good news, this means by the time I buy my next Motorola "droid" it will have an OLED screen, 7mp camera, 1000ghz cpu and gpu, physical keyboard, larger battery, what else? :icon_ banana:
  17. Guurzak

Guurzak New Member

Now I have this mental image of kids running around with red-and-white balls full of pokephones, doing battle with each other. Pikadroid, I choose you!
  18. RosarioM

RosarioM New Member

An enterprise N1 would probably look more like a Blackberry Bold than a Droid. Also, if they were really serious about the enterprise, they would either have to lock the phone down so that you could disable things like the camera or have no camera at all.

I have a BB from work and because I work in the financial industry, the device has to be pretty much crippled to comply with regulatory requirements. While I know this isn't the same in most industries, if they do want to compete with BB in the Enterprise, they have to make these options available for large enterprises that need to centrally manage and lock down their devices.

Google has never really been interested in the enterprise in the past. Try calling them if you want to use one of their consumer products in your enterprise. There's no one to call, even if you want to pay for a license...
  19. dos

dos New Member

I'll hold off for now till Google gets their customer service for their phones straight. I was reading of some of the headaches with the Nexus and their being virtually no customer support. Some people being told to call T-Mobile who tell them to call HTC, who tell them to contact Google, then the circle continues. Google is handling all problems via email and says you will get a response within 48 hours. No thank you. If I have a problem, I like how I can make on call or go into a Verizon store.
  20. jrocketdroid

jrocketdroid New Member

:rofl3: this is classic!