so i have a front facing cam, what for?

KidCuda

Reaction score
Works, Kinda :-/ ...
I can see the video from the person i am talking but the skype client on the phone can't get the video from the phone, front or back. You just see a black screen.

Skype 2 Available For Other Devices! | xda-developers

Downloading it now, not sure if it works or not for D3.

I'm experiencing the same problem.

So moving on from Skype, since we all have the same software and hardware until root access arrives...

Our options left are Tango, Oovoo, and Qik? (which mysteriously disappeared in the past day out of the market)

Edit: Scratch that, just Tango and Fring

Last edited:

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
my friends kids love to watch themselves dance around on my phone now..

i also thought i had a booger in my nose at work one day, and used the front facing cam to find out i in fact did. a giant one.

Big D

Reaction score
Hilarious. I opened the FFC for the first time in my ofice today and immediately thought how good this would be for identifying "bats in the cave."

socalsx

Reaction score
Regarding the patched skype app, the dev is looking at logs to help fix issues

I bet it just needs a little tweaking to get it to work

pelswick48

Reaction score
Tried using the patched Skype app with 2 people...I was able to see them but I guess my camera wasn't registering and they couldn't see me.

graffitiwriter

Reaction score
I use an app call Vtok from the market it allows video for google chat....works great

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dazoe

Reaction score
I use an app call Vtok from the market it allows video for google chat....works great

I tried that app. It highjacked my google talk status.

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Okay, I tried to keep the threads clean and posted my comments in the APP section!

One of my MAIN reasons to go from D2 to D3 was for the ffc.

So far, I have tried every app mentioned here every day installing and reinstalling but none work yet - sometimes "almost" but one only looks at the back cameras, one doesnt have the sound right. Im at work and cant check what the update was, but Tango just pushed through an update to my phone about an hour ago --- maaaaybe they added D3?

I am confident that in another month we will have apps that work, I just dont want to miss the day that is starts too (long distance relationship, FCC will be a god-send)