Video Chat

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Has anyone used their FFC to video chat yet? We've never done this and aren't sure what/how you go about doing that? Is there a built-in program or do we need to download an app from the market?

Yes, I've used Google Talk with my Galaxy S3 to video chat with my brother who is using an Evo 4 with Sprint. I thought it was pretty cool. Used Wi-Fi, his quailty wasn't so great, but my picture seemed really good. I didn't play around with quality settings though. He could hear me fine and I could hear him. I had to hold the phone uncomfortable far away, or use the stand that came with my phone's protective case, because it's way too close up to me.

Also... I had to Google "FFC" to find the abbreviation "Front Facing Camera". Is this a popular acronym I should keep up with or another useless one for people that type slow and are lazy? =/

pincusterp

Reaction score
+1 for Google Talk. Also if you have Apple friends (some things are unavoidable) you can vid chat with them if they download an app called VTOK, which they can log into with a gmail account.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use Google+. Start a hangout and you can have multiple people in the conversation. You can video chat from your GSIII to anyone with G+ and FFC. Works with iphone users and desktops as well.

I tested both Talk and Google+ with my wife over the weekend and both worked well. I think the Google+ experience was slightly better though.