skype or what

thunderrulz

Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to video chat? or is this front faceing cam for nuthin.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Good question...qik doesn't work, Skype doesn't work, haven't heard of any other solutions but I can't imagine there isn't something in the works. The hardware doesn't exist for nothing...

Sent from my ADR6400L

Jacob9424

Reaction score
Tango works...just anoyed the crap out of my friend when my face poped up on his screen haha

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Skype has been a serious letdown ever since they had an app in 2010. Their apps SUCK. Fring with Skype actually worked and what does Skype do? Prevent any other app other than their own sucky app from utilizing Skype. They haven't updated it in almost a year and I don't know how a ****ty app can keep 3.5 stars, but it somehow manages to even though 98% of all reviews are 1 star. Because of this I quit my Skype subscriptions on my PC. Why? Look at the Skype app on any iPhone, it's 5x better.

tu3218

Reaction score
Tango works really well, even can chat with iphone users. I thought they could only do it over wifi but I guess not. But if you want to chat with someone whos on a computer, download oovoo. That's a pretty popular video chat software next to skype on computers and that would allow you to chat. I haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty polished for being a beta.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the Tango suggestion. I installed it, and my wife installed it on her VZW iPhone and it worked well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Logitech VID video chat software may work. Some folks think it is much better than Skype.
It's a free download on Logitech's download site and it has worked on some of the other phones.

Reaction score
:)

Well, thanks for the Tango suggestion. I installed it, and my wife installed it on her VZW iPhone and it worked well. Thanks for the suggestion.

yea the people I know at verizon said to me so what if skype doesn't work just use tango... works fine for me..

kerrdj

Reaction score
ive tried tango but it seems to lag quite a bit. yahoo messenger works without a problem but has obvious limitations

atlrus

Reaction score
Skype has been a serious letdown ever since they had an app in 2010. Their apps SUCK. Fring with Skype actually worked and what does Skype do? Prevent any other app other than their own sucky app from utilizing Skype. They haven't updated it in almost a year and I don't know how a ****ty app can keep 3.5 stars, but it somehow manages to even though 98% of all reviews are 1 star. Because of this I quit my Skype subscriptions on my PC. Why? Look at the Skype app on any iPhone, it's 5x better.

In all fairness, Skype was easily 4 stars for me. I have lots of family overseas and Skype let me call them for free anytime anywhere. Perfect. Video and it'd be 5 stars.

But, I dont use Skype to call people in the US, because, uh, I have a phone?

Kboss375

Reaction score
Tango has been working great for me

joeydvdz

Reaction score
Skype now works just fine on the bolt, in case anyone is still interested.

Beardface

Reaction score
Skype now works just fine on the bolt, in case anyone is still interested.

The video works on the thunderbolt?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I don't know if the update fixes the market version, but there was a leaked version that I loaded months ago that works perfectly. Including video chat.

Just do a Google search and you should find it.