skype or what

Ambushbug

Reaction score
Skype now works just fine on the bolt, in case anyone is still interested.

The video works on the thunderbolt?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I don't know if the update fixes the market version, but there was a leaked version that I loaded months ago that works perfectly. Including video chat.

Just do a Google search and you should find it.

That's good to hear. I was just getting ready to install it on our two T-Bolts but after the OTA update last night people were saying the leaked version didn't work anymore.

Technoman

Reaction score
Good question...qik doesn't work, Skype doesn't work, haven't heard of any other solutions but I can't imagine there isn't something in the works. The hardware doesn't exist for nothing...

Sent from my ADR6400L

Qik does work last I tried it.

delcopa

Reaction score
The video works on the thunderbolt?

I don't know if the update fixes the market version, but there was a leaked version that I loaded months ago that works perfectly. Including video chat.

That's good to hear. I was just getting ready to install it on our two T-Bolts but after the OTA update last night people were saying the leaked version didn't work anymore.

Leaked version doesn't work after the upgrade.....But then you can see a version in the market place that you can install with video also.

tc3

Reaction score

Leaked version doesn't work after the upgrade.....But then you can see a version in the market place that you can install with video also.

Where? I tried the official one and I didn't see a video option.

But then again none of my contacts were online either.

I think Google talk with video will come out soon enough and tie in with google+

evereddie

Reaction score
The sad news, if somebody missed it, is that Skype is now owned by micro$oft. If you think they will do anything to make it better dream on. Micro$oft likes to buy companies only to kill them off. It's all over for Skype!

Ambushbug

Reaction score
We have a couple of T-Bolts and have tried the last three versions of Tango all with no success. I hear a lot of people say the have success with it, not sure why our experiences have been so different.

musicbysterling

Reaction score
I had the leaked version of Skype for video chatting on my T-Bolt and it worked perfectly, even to a computer, then HTC sent out the latest OTA upgrade which stabilized the phone for other reasons and now the Video chat feature does not work...unless something has changed within the last few days.

Flanl

Reaction score
I was using oovoo on my TB, but then all of a sudden it stopped working. I hope they fix it soon it was the only one that I found to work with my phone to computer.