so i have a front facing cam, what for?

shiek403

Reaction score
skype doesnt seem to allow vid calling?
what apps can i use to vid chat with people using the FFC??

DPilot

Reaction score
Fring works well for video calling.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Big D

Reaction score
Haven't gotten mine yet. Will we be able to video chat with Apple devices at some point? My son has an Itouch and is excited about video chat.

Something tells me the answer is no.

DroidFD

Reaction score
1st time poster, long time lurker. I've enjoyed this knowledgeable community for some time and envy the knowledge some of you possess. I am far from technical but am doing my best to learn.

I recently received my D3 and much to my disappointment, I have been unable to use the FFC for video chat. This source specifically states that 2.3.4 was supposed to bring video chat. I've tried using video chat on Gtalk 1.3 and Skype and had no luck. Skype does not support the D3 yet as it only supports a handful of phones. Gtalk 1.3 (aka Talk in your app drawer) was supposed to be the version that allowed video chat. Based on reading a few discussions in other forums, it appears it's not activated or something quirky is taking place.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon but this version of OS was supposed to allow video chat and the phone came loaded with the proper version of Gtalk. I have not tried the other apps available in the market. One would think that Gtalk would be the better app for video chat. Here's hoping we get to see that sooner rather then later.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
once Skype enables video chat on the D3 then if your son got Skype and installed it on his iTouch you guys could video chat, but I highly doubt Apple would ever open up FaceTime to connect with other programs. Skype would be the way to go once Skype allows/updates the app to work on the D3 for video calling

Haven't gotten mine yet. Will we be able to video chat with Apple devices at some point? My son has an Itouch and is excited about video chat.

Something tells me the answer is no.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
yes I don't understand Talk not working either but once talk and Skype updates to work on the D3 i'll be happy with the FFC

1st time poster, long time lurker. I've enjoyed this knowledgeable community for some time and envy the knowledge some of you possess. I am far from technical but am doing my best to learn.

I recently received my D3 and much to my disappointment, I have been unable to use the FFC for video chat. This source specifically states that 2.3.4 was supposed to bring video chat. I've tried using video chat on Gtalk 1.3 and Skype and had no luck. Skype does not support the D3 yet as it only supports a handful of phones. Gtalk 1.3 (aka Talk in your app drawer) was supposed to be the version that allowed video chat. Based on reading a few discussions in other forums, it appears it's not activated or something quirky is taking place.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon but this version of OS was supposed to allow video chat and the phone came loaded with the proper version of Gtalk. I have not tried the other apps available in the market. One would think that Gtalk would be the better app for video chat. Here's hoping we get to see that sooner rather then later.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Over on XDA Developers, there's a version of Skype that has been modified to allow video chat for most phones.

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

nikecar

Reaction score
just viewed the info on Tango, and it says both parties need the app. :(