Skype Video Chat

droid100

Reaction score
It's basically the only thing missing... and one of the major reasons I bought the phone. The front facing camera is pretty much useless without it...

Is there a way to force an APK install from a phone that support video chat?

It's really disappointing that Skype doesn't have support for this phone...

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Well I use tango for now, kinda bad on 3g though but okay on wifi. Can't wait till skype does support the droid3 like netflix just did

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

romankc

Reaction score
Are you familiar with the forum's Search button, or this great invention called "Google" ?
I am using this as my welcome message, since it is my first post. I have been following this forum for about 1-1/2 years as an observer ever since I bought my D1. It has been an excellent vehicle for learning thanks to all the great people here. I have never posted because I am not tech savvy enough to be giving anyone advice. However, after reading your reply to the OP, asking a sincere question, infuriated me and I was embarrassed for all the great contributors to this forum that help newbies like myself to this technology. As for your salutation.....who needs to grow up????

imnotmikal

Reaction score
I will not apologize for speaking my mind.

This topic has been covered countless times on many many forums. In fact, the exact thing he asked for ("an APK install from a phone that support video chat") can be easily found by simply searching.

If what I said came out in a negative light, you're obviously reading it wrong. My question, too, was a sincere one. I can't ask if someone is familiar the most basic of forum functions? I would be more than willing to make a post, hell, even a video on how to use such features. Just say the word and I'll begin the long extensive task of creating such a tutorial.

kparks

Reaction score
Are you familiar with the forum's Search button, or this great invention called "Google" ?
I am using this as my welcome message, since it is my first post. I have been following this forum for about 1-1/2 years as an observer ever since I bought my D1. It has been an excellent vehicle for learning thanks to all the great people here. I have never posted because I am not tech savvy enough to be giving anyone advice. However, after reading your reply to the OP, asking a sincere question, infuriated me and I was embarrassed for all the great contributors to this forum that help newbies like myself to this technology. As for your salutation.....who needs to grow up????

Lol he also does not have many post and yes it was a worthless post on his part..... To the op tango works pretty well I'm sure Skype will support it soon but I would download tango.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

romankc

Reaction score

This topic has been covered countless times on many many forums. In fact, the exact thing he asked for ("an APK install from a phone that support video chat") can be easily found by simply searching.

If what I said came out in a negative light, you're obviously reading it wrong. My question, too, was a sincere one. I can't ask if someone is familiar the most basic of forum functions? I would be more than willing to make a post, hell, even a video on how to use such features. Just say the word and I'll begin the long extensive task of creating such a tutorial.
I would never ask anyone to apologize for speaking their mind. That's what it's all about, right? However, your answer drips with sarcasm, thus how else would anyone take it but negative? All I'm saying is, that if you have the knowledge and are planning on trying to be a useful contributor of information to this forum, and I use the term loosely, based on how many posts you have actually made, then try using a little more patience and a being a lot less condescending... That would be the growing up part.

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score

Well sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut if u have nothing good to say..

kparks

Reaction score

I would never ask anyone to apologize for speaking their mind. That's what it's all about, right? However, your answer drips with sarcasm, thus how else would anyone take it but negative? All I'm saying is, that if you have the knowledge and are planning on trying to be a useful contributor of information to this forum, and I use the term loosely, based on how many posts you have actually made, then try using a little more patience and a being a lot less condescending... That would be the growing up part.

Well put bro.. hope the op finds the info he is looking for.. and welcome to the forums

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
buddy (imnotmikal) i would say by your post count your in about the same boat as the other guy on the new basis and yes your comment was a little off....this forum is for people to speak there mind but NOT to speak down on anyone in anyway....we are here to be helpful and if you dont like a post then move on it took you 2.5 sec to read what he wrote and even long for you to post that off comment.....but to answer the 1st question I was reading a few days ago the skype is working on an update just like netflix did so it will support the d3 but my 2cents I think there going to wait till the bionic comes out so that they can do 1 update instead of 2 diff ones thats just what I think

imnotmikal

Reaction score
Again, I was seriously asking if the OP was familiar with the search button.

And to the comment about not having anything good to say, I am clearly helping, as shown by my post FULL of links to previous posts concerning this topic.

Well sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut if u have nothing good to say..

Same goes for you, if you have nothing to add to the content of the thread keep your mouth shut. -shrug-

romankc

Reaction score
Sounds like it's past your bedtime. Maybe some warm milk and some sleep will help your demeanor. Nighty Night!

imnotmikal

Reaction score
Sounds like it's past your bedtime. Maybe some warm milk and some sleep will help your demeanor. Nighty Night!

That was a very childish remark ;)

edit-
Oh right, you're the new guy. Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Last edited:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
buddy (imnotmikal) i would say by your post count your in about the same boat as the other guy on the new basis and yes your comment was a little off....this forum is for people to speak there mind but NOT to speak down on anyone in anyway....we are here to be helpful and if you dont like a post then move on it took you 2.5 sec to read what he wrote and even long for you to post that off comment.....but to answer the 1st question I was reading a few days ago the skype is working on an update just like netflix did so it will support the d3 but my 2cents I think there going to wait till the bionic comes out so that they can do 1 update instead of 2 diff ones thats just what I think
Completely agree.

No matter if his question was "pointless" or not due to others posting it before, who honestly cares? Not everyone takes the thorough way and makes sure that a thread like this wasn't already made, so give the guy some slack. These forums are to help, not be rude or sarcastic to a guy asking a question or simply looking for some answers. If I came here for the first time and saw your post, I'd assume, "Wow, people here are complete.. ass's".

If a thread is being reposted over and over again, time and again, the fine moderators here will take care of it ever so politely, unlike your post, whether you truly weren't trying to be negative or not.. though, your post definitely seems like it was meant to be that way.

Edit - To stay on topic, I don't believe there is a way to force the APK. At least not that I've found. I believe we'll have to hang tight for a while longer still until it's compatible with the Droid 3, like how Netflix is now able to work with it as well.

Last edited: