Skype Video Chat

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by droid100, Jul 22, 2011.

1. droid100

droid100 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's basically the only thing missing... and one of the major reasons I bought the phone. The front facing camera is pretty much useless without it...

Is there a way to force an APK install from a phone that support video chat?

It's really disappointing that Skype doesn't have support for this phone...

2. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you familiar with the forum's Search button, or this great invention called "Google" ?

3. JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I use tango for now, kinda bad on 3g though but okay on wifi. Can't wait till skype does support the droid3 like netflix just did

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

4. romankc

romankc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using this as my welcome message, since it is my first post. I have been following this forum for about 1-1/2 years as an observer ever since I bought my D1. It has been an excellent vehicle for learning thanks to all the great people here. I have never posted because I am not tech savvy enough to be giving anyone advice. However, after reading your reply to the OP, asking a sincere question, infuriated me and I was embarrassed for all the great contributors to this forum that help newbies like myself to this technology. As for your salutation.....who needs to grow up????

5. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will not apologize for speaking my mind.

This topic has been covered countless times on many many forums. In fact, the exact thing he asked for ("an APK install from a phone that support video chat") can be easily found by simply searching.

If what I said came out in a negative light, you're obviously reading it wrong. My question, too, was a sincere one. I can't ask if someone is familiar the most basic of forum functions? I would be more than willing to make a post, hell, even a video on how to use such features. Just say the word and I'll begin the long extensive task of creating such a tutorial.

6. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Lol he also does not have many post and yes it was a worthless post on his part..... To the op tango works pretty well I'm sure Skype will support it soon but I would download tango.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

7. romankc

romankc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would never ask anyone to apologize for speaking their mind. That's what it's all about, right? However, your answer drips with sarcasm, thus how else would anyone take it but negative? All I'm saying is, that if you have the knowledge and are planning on trying to be a useful contributor of information to this forum, and I use the term loosely, based on how many posts you have actually made, then try using a little more patience and a being a lot less condescending... That would be the growing up part.

#8 romankc, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  8. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut if u have nothing good to say..

9. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well put bro.. hope the op finds the info he is looking for.. and welcome to the forums

10. Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    buddy (imnotmikal) i would say by your post count your in about the same boat as the other guy on the new basis and yes your comment was a little off....this forum is for people to speak there mind but NOT to speak down on anyone in anyway....we are here to be helpful and if you dont like a post then move on it took you 2.5 sec to read what he wrote and even long for you to post that off comment.....but to answer the 1st question I was reading a few days ago the skype is working on an update just like netflix did so it will support the d3 but my 2cents I think there going to wait till the bionic comes out so that they can do 1 update instead of 2 diff ones thats just what I think

11. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Again, I was seriously asking if the OP was familiar with the search button.

And to the comment about not having anything good to say, I am clearly helping, as shown by my post FULL of links to previous posts concerning this topic.

Same goes for you, if you have nothing to add to the content of the thread keep your mouth shut. -shrug-

Search tags for this page
does the droid a855 motorola has video chat

droid 3 skype video chat

droid video chat
droid x skype video chat
skype video chat on droid x2