So, how many of you still use Face Unlock?

rbess1965

Reaction score
I have my works security policy enabled so that bypasses the face unlock. Non factor for me. Just wish the phone worked like it did before ics.

Sent using the amazing DROID RAZR MAXX

mattman5000

Reaction score
I used it at first. I got bored with pretty fast. I kept it enabled mostly just to show it off to iphone people.

I mostly got annoyed with it when it was too dark or I was holding it at an angle where I knew it would not be able to recognize me. There needs to be a way to quickly bypass the face unlock to get to the secondary lock screen.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
It was disappointing to see how difficult it was to be in exactly the right light and position to unlock the phone. I guess I'm used to working in a dimly lit cave.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Agreed... The extra step it would take to have to go back into security settings and have it improve on the facial recognition. I'm too late for all of that now... And then for it to fail repeatedly while trying to unlock it in front of coworkers or friend... nope.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Agreed... The extra step it would take to have to go back into security settings and have it improve on the facial recognition. I'm too late for all of that now... And then for it to fail repeatedly while trying to unlock it in front of coworkers or friend... nope.

I tried improving on the facial recognition, but it didn't make that much of a difference for me.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
I tried improving on the facial recognition, but it didn't make that much of a difference for me.

I can relate as well. To an extent, it seemed like it started working fine after improving... but then I found myself having to "improve" it almost every other day, lol.

jetnc

Reaction score
It was a pita, lasted less then a day. Now if they had a voice command unlock i would use that.

I'm still waiting for my dermal cell implant, then I won't have to worry about unlocking and security......

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Too many problems. It had difficulty recognizing me if I was either wereing or not wearing my glasses and also stumbled if I hadn't shaved in several days or changed from a goatee to a beard. Also had trouble recognizing me in extremes of lighting conditions. Too much of an inconvenience.

David

YellowJacket

Reaction score
It was a pita, lasted less then a day. Now if they had a voice command unlock i would use that.

I'm still waiting for my dermal cell implant, then I won't have to worry about unlocking and security......

Thinking about that and my sons Mazda... it would be cool with an NFC chip in the phone and a credit card similar to the Mazda's "prox card" so the phone stays unlocked when its in your posession. Further than a few feet away and then it doesn't work at all.... unless you use another unlock method. Hmmmmm... sounds interesting. :)

David

Reaction score
Never used it. I am actually waiting on a picture unlock where you draw your own pattern on a picture you assign.

Until then I use the pin code

Caesars

Reaction score
I never even used it ^^, once someone told me its "always on", I never bothered to look.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Interesting. lol. Feel like I'm one of the only who did use it lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

itzjusmee

Reaction score
If you have a nosey gf and you're sleeping its definitely not a good idea. Plus other people can unlock it if they look similar to you.