Galaxy Nexus Face Unlock Demo Video

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I wonder how long before people try holding it up to the owner's Facebook profile (or some other) pic to see if it will let them in.

Well now everyone knows to try!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

b-jammin21

Reaction score
It would even be nice if it snapped a pic every time the wrong pin was entered, but only stored the last 8 pics or something to keep usage low.

And then automatically uploaded it to you google plus account or gmail. So then if your phone was stolen you could see exactly who stole it from wherever you are. It would definitely help with filling police reports. "Uh, yeah officer, the guy who stole my phone looks exactly like this!"

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
It said advanced facial recognition software. I want to say I read that it is capable of differentiating between a real face and a photograph.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good to know it actually works

I may use it just for the fact it's there somtimes, but overall i never really look at my phone when I am unlocking it. Very cool feature though

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So long as I don't have to have the "Crap Eating Grin" that dude in the white suite had on last night to unlock it (even though he couldn't even unlock it), I'll use it every once in awhile.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
I think the crap eating grin came standard with the suit. I am not a fashion guy, I am a techie, and I think that suit was absolutely horrible

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

km75

Reaction score
I'm assuming none of you guys have tried VISIDON APP LOCK from the market. I've been using it for a while. Don't know how the technology is going to be applied on the nexus but the VISIDON app should serve as a good indicator. You guys might want to try it out. I say this because some of the concerns you guys have will be alleviated/addressed. Ex: bypass facial recognition with password;liveness detection;etc,etc

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums