So frustrated...

Jon Vito

Reaction score
Im about to be receiving my 5th Droid X....

#1 - camera didnt work

#2 - aux port stopped working

#3 - had a big ol' dead pixel right in the middle of the screen as soon as i recieved it..

now #4 was the best of them all..as soon as i popped the battery in and started activating the phone, it restarted...got through activation and realized the phone would restart every 2 mins or if the screen timed out and i had to push the power button it would instantly go to the M logo...so this one was completely unusable...

so i call my local verizon store and they transfer me to technical support...tech support says they will send me another refurb, but cant get it for four days...so now im pretty ticked because im without a cellphone...so the next morning i go to the store and tell them my problem..sit down and wait as they help 3 different customers that came in well after me because they all wanted new phones and the host at the door even said this to me...

so finally i get helped and i demand that they give me a new phone from the back since i purchased this phone for 200 some odd dollars and ive never had one that worked and because i pay stupid amount of money to them every month so there should be no reason i should have to go without a phone for any amount of days...they tell me no

so to sum it all up F verizon and F motorola...this **** is robbery

rebaf

Reaction score
dude....you got screwed.
try calling in....seems to work better then anything the schmucks in the store can ever do.
and flat out tell them when you call in that you will pay out of contract and leave....has worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
dude....you got screwed.
try calling in....seems to work better then anything the schmucks in the store can ever do.
and flat out tell them when you call in that you will pay out of contract and leave....has worked for me.

I agree.... personally ive never had any problems with verizon but ive heard some pretty bad things. Also, after the 3rd phone they have to give you a different model unless you just really want that specific one.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
i called after i left the store...they gave me a $20 credit for not having a phone for 4 days, filed a complaint to the store and tried to sell me the thunderbolt and told me they wiped the activation fee if i would want to get a new phone...

the original tech support lady said it would take 6 weeks to send me a new non-refurbished phone? whatever

fishstick600

Reaction score
U didn't press hard enough. My dad came in on his first replacement and caused a big stink because his was doing random restarts. He told the manager he wasn't leaving until he got a NEW droid x and not a refurbished one. The manager gave him one after she said there weren't any in the back ... but she said this is your last new one next time its a used one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rebaf

Reaction score
yeah, id push them harder. 6 weeks for a replacement is ridiculous.
they need to take care of it and now. Id flat tell them im leaving and taking my money with me. At some point in my life (when i was driving over the road, away from home, and damn tired all the time) I stopped taking crap off people i give money to. No more.
I pay you, not the other way around....and if you cant get your **** straight; ill pay someone else, period.

at and t never would send us a paper bill. that is how my wife wanted all our bills, in the mail so she could file it. (dont ask me why). i had it on paperless and tried to switch back to paper. they didnt have to spend the money on a huge itemized bill, just a regular what we owe bill would have been fine. Id contact them and they'd say they would, then send one out and not do it again. Id contact them again and theyd say they would then not do it the next time again. it was obvious they were trying to save money on paper. They would finally send a bill, we'd pay it....then a couple months later they'd call....your bill is overdue. Id tell them again; send paper....on and on like this. Finally they turned off my wifes phone while she was going out of town. Id had it.....I called and ripped some butt....then told the guy on the phone that i had emails and its not illegal to record one party consent phone calls in oklahoma (meaning i could record any calls to them and not told them becuase i live in oklahoma). He told me i was correct and that he had to end the call, but asked me to go to the local store i had dealt with on all this crap earlier. I went there and told the lady i have emails and calls (i didnt....but i should have) and that they are letting me out of contract or im going to a lawyer and while im there talking to him about a class action lawsuit as i know im not the only one they played these games with. She picked up the phone, had a short conversation with someone; and got all my charges dropped and early termination done. All i had to pay was a fair priced bill for service and i was out.

call them back and tell them to get it right or you are done with them, and even may go talk to your lawyer. throw in you may discuss class action. dont take any crap.

when i got my first dx verizon back charged me for texts and some other crap. i had text blocked on all phone untill i had my dx. it all equalled about 30 bucks of b.s. charges. told the guy in the store i wasnt paying it and asked him what early termination fee was....it was some crazy number. i was ready to pay and get out, not taking that crap off anyone. he said i had to call in to do it. so i went home and called in and told the guy im not paying for back charge fees on a option that was blocked on all my phones during that time period along with their other b.s. fees and i wanted out of contract, ill take my money elsewhere.....he asks me to hang on. couple minutes later, all charges dropped.

i handle everything like that now. if im paying you, your gonna do what you should or ill pay someone else....that simple.

igknight

Reaction score
I had issues with my Moto Q, had 4 new ones before they gave me the Q9, had to replace that one almost a year later and they just gave me a whole new phone (non Motorola).

If I were you, I would push them to get you into a new phone personally. I love my DX (other than the locked boot loader), and while I have had issues, mine are all due to Moto's horrible OS version. If I had the same issues you had, I would be demanding an upgrade to a new phone, or cancel the contract and refuse to pay the early termination.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Doesn't Verizon have a 30 day policy where you can get out of the contract if you are unsatisfied?

Best thing to do, in my opinion, is to get a Google Voice number and go to Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart and buy a disposable Net10 phone or something for $30. It comes with 300 minutes free so you basically get the phone for free. Point Google Voice to that cell number and use that for the time being.

Then, get rid of the Droid X, cancel the contract, and investigate your options again and find a different phone or carrier. OR, stick with Verizon/Droid X and try again. Pointing the Google Voice number to the new cell number and giving out the Google Voice number means you can get any phone on any carrier and still have the same number! This way you are never without a phone while you are fighting these battles.

But if you are having so much trouble with one phone/carrier and you have the chance to get out of the contract before 30 days are up, you'd be silly not to take advantage of that. Get rid of it and start over. Getting the Google Voice number and a temporary Net10 phone means you'll have a backup AND you'll have the Google Voice number ready when you get the phone/carrier you'll keep.

That's what I'd do.