So close...

patmc81

Reaction score
If you have had the unlimited 3g plan long enough you get grandfathered in to unlimited 4g

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I was just at best buy and they have one but......they say I have to switch to the tiered plan for 4G. No deal, I have unlimited now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The reason is they get a rebate from Verizon for both the line activation and also for the new data plan which is how they can offer the phone competitively priced. If you don't "switch" to the"new" tiered plan with the new phone, they only get the rebate for the line activation. If you activate with them and then either switch the phone to another number or to another data plan such as your existing unlimited plan they are authorized by the contact agreement to back charge you the profit loss from Verizon.

This is the same way that Amazon Wireless and virtually all other Authorized Retailers operate. This is how Amazon Wireless was able to offer the RAZR for a penny back in December. I took advantage of that deal for my wife's new RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

DocsDad

Reaction score
The reason is they get a rebate from Verizon for both the line activation and also for the new data plan which is how they can offer the phone competitively priced. If you don't "switch" to the"new" tiered plan with the new phone, they only get the rebate for the line activation. If you activate with them and then either switch the phone to another number or to another data plan such as your existing unlimited plan they are authorized by the contact agreement to back charge you the profit loss from Verizon.

This is the same way that Amazon Wireless and virtually all other Authorized Retailers operate. This is how Amazon Wireless was able to offer the RAZR for a penny back in December. I took advantage of that deal for my wife's new RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Makes more sense now.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Ordered Mine Friday 2/3 over the phone with VZW. Received it Tuesday 2/7 at 11am. :D

I originally went to the VZW Corporate store in my area, none in stock :frown: , Went to Best Buy, they had no idea what a Razr Maxx was, :blink: duh ! Originally was going to order online, had a pricing issue on my upgrade, so I called them on the phone. All worked well for me! :icon_ lala:

This thing ROCKS ! Anyone who is waiting on it will love it at first sight/touch !! :p

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good bye OG DROID....

Hello razr maxx...
Lets open this box.....

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

OP
William_04_x

William_04_x

Reaction score
Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! I wanted the original really bad until I heard about the MAXX. I'm happy I waited.

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums

OP
William_04_x

William_04_x

Reaction score
WOW! What does it take to slow this thing down?

RAZR MAXX