Small scare last night

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Powered off my phone last night around 12am and plugged it in to charge as usual, saw the white light flash on and off again as usual. Slept a little later than normal today since I had the day off, woke up at around 9am and unplugged and powered on the phone. Thing is my battery was still at the 60% it was when I went to bed, so I powered off the phone and plugged it back in and now it is charging.

Thing is I am not sure if one of two things happened. Either the phone charged to 100% and discharged because I left it plugged in to long (thinking and hoping that is not it). Or the plug came unplugged a little bit from the wall and it just didn't charge last night. But that does not make sense either since when I plugged the phone back in this AM is started charging right away.

Anyone ever had anything like that happen? I know there have been a lot of cases of peoples phones dying slowly and hoping I am not going to be joining the unfortunate.

Klong

Reaction score
This is what happened to me and was planning on returning the Maxx as I am still within the 14 day return period. I really like this phone, the interval between charges is amazing, but charging seems to be an issue. I cant find ,or "turn on" ,any notifications regarding charging status and this is a problem. The phone did not charge last PM @ the bedstand but charged OK in the AM @ a different outlet. Both outlets are working, I verified that. I came to the Maxx from the original Moto Droid A855 and there was a charge lite lcd next to the usb port that indicated the phone was charging. And I believe this indicator turned off once the phone was fully charged. It's a little ironic that I can't verify a defect in the battery within the 14 day return period because the battery on the Maxx lasts so long. Does anyone know if there is a way of turning on a battery charging indicator lcd on the Maxx, not the "battery fully charged" sound indicator, but a lcd indicator that the device is actually recieving a charge? I confirmed with Motorola that any of thier mUSB chargers will work with the Maxx so I don't think thats the problem.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way of turning on a battery charging indicator lcd on the Maxx, not the "battery fully charged" sound indicator, but a lcd indicator that the device is actually recieving a charge?

Prior to the most recent update, a yellow light would be displayed while charging and a green light was displayed when fully charged. Don't remember if the phone had to be powered off or not to get those lights. Anyway, it was nice to see the charging indications and a lot of people were perplexed when we lost this feature. Hopefully it was an oversight and we'll get it back soon.

Klong

Reaction score
Thanks "Trash Can" that makes sense. I recall in my research that the battery charge indicator lite was an issue with the most recent update.