Is there suppose to be a light lit when the phone is charging

jpd

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a MAXX last week. I am coming off the Droid Incredble which I've used for the last 2 years. On the incredible there was a light that turned on when charging so that you could tell the phone was charging when it was off. This saved me a few times when I woke up in the middle of the night , did not see the light and plugged it in so that I did not have a dead battery in the morning.

My Maxx does not light up when it is plugged in. Is this normal or is there a setting that activates the light that I am unaware of?

Thanks for any help.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When you first plug it in there should be a white light that comes on and turns off pretty quick, but while charging there is no light.

OP
J

jpd

Reaction score
Wow, that was a fast reply, thanks for the info.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No problem, don't want someone thinking there is something wrong with their phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you see the light you're fine... just don't go into it :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

SallyC

Reaction score
An update or two ago, some people had a charging light show, but only when the phone was turned off. Others didn't have it at all.

Now, according to Motorola, "the white LED light may turn on when charging using a USB cable when the phone does not have enough power to turn on. Once the display have enough power to turn on, the white LED light will turn off "

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
SallyC said:
An update or two ago, some people had a charging light show, but only when the phone was turned off. Others didn't have it at all.

Now, according to Motorola, "the white LED light may turn on when charging using a USB cable when the phone does not have enough power to turn on. Once the display have enough power to turn on, the white LED light will turn off "

Something else I didn't know, thanks sally!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

covard

Reaction score
I didn't care for not having a notification light or something of when the phone was charging.

If you are interested in a quick little app that will help out with notifications, try Light Flow Lite. I am using it and I really like it. I set a notification that rings when the phone is plugged in and while it is charging there is a light that blinks. When it is complete, the light changes to green blinking and I have no notification, so it doesn't wake me in the middle of the night.

It also allows you to set/change a lot of other notifications with different colored lights, different sounds, vibrations, etc. The version that I got was free. It does what I want it to.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Cool I didn't hear about that either, I don't have one so I assumed no one would. Aren't I not supposed to that?

OP
J

jpd

Reaction score
Good info from everyone. Thank you and I will check out the light controlling app.