Slow, with peristent audio interrupts. I'm regretting switching back to Droid. Help?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR HD' started by existenceltd, Jun 17, 2013.

1. existenceltd

existenceltd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Confirmed all my suspicions, and said everything I was too lazy/cautious to say. Thanks! And... *sigh*

2. existenceltd

existenceltd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did prior to factory reset. Did not install a new one after. I don't remember what it was called, but I had it set to block auto-restarting apps that are not essential and I never use (e.g. Amazon, Slacker)

3. existenceltd

existenceltd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope.

Nope.

Check! :)

I'll give it a shot. Is Google music a good player?

It handles the notifications just as it's supposed to (though maybe not the way I'd like), with short fades in the music while it interrupts. I've tried it with no notifications, but it's the act of receiving the data that seem to be the trigger, and it still cuts out entirely sometimes (e.g. GPS locating, receiving text)

4. Vasiliy.zhukov

Vasiliy.zhukov New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could also try another player, which could handle notifications in a better way. I like Astro Player for audiobooks and podcasts and CityGLo for music. Mx Player for video.

5. 4low4fun

4low4fun Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I've used win amp for years. I used it on my droid 2, droid 4 and my RAZR maxx... I've never once had the before mentioned problem with notifications.. It always stops the music, plays the notification and then restarts the music right where I left off.. I would think either you have an application interfering or you phone is just jacked up and you need to get a replacement..
    I have several friends with this phone. Every one of theme raves about how great/nice the phone is. Only complaint I've heard so far is how weak the gorilla glass is..

6. PereDroid

PereDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +271
    Current Phone Model:
    RAZR HD
    Yea, if I had one complaint it would be the glass. I had the original Droid1 with the first edition of that Gorilla Glass. I used to take my keys to it and scratch the **** out of it and show people "look man, this stuff you can't even scratch with a key!".
    Tried that with this phone? I have a tiny tiny scratch. and since then gotten a few more.
    Never had even the tiniest scratch on that old D1....

7. smfoley1

smfoley1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem with my Razr HD with the sound "skipping/dropping out" It doesnt matter if Im streaming music on Sirius or the Play App. It doesnt matter if the music is being played from the phone itself. It doesnt matter if I am using wired headphones or using a bluetooth connection. The problem is present in all situations. I have had the phone replaced 2 times and all 3 of them have had this issue. I have done a reset as well as a FDR on all 3 phones, problem persists. On this last phone I did not reload any of my apps just to be sure it wasnt the cause. even right out of the box after activating the phone, I ran the Play Music app and the problem was there....Previous to these 3 Razr Hd I had a Bionic. It never did this. And to be clear, Im not talking about the volume of the music turning down due to a text/email notification. Wish I never upgraded although I did because after the JB update the bionic began to freeze up alot

8. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Join the club

9. smfoley1

smfoley1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All these posts about this audio issue, not to mention the dozens of posts on other forums and boards and Motorola says its not a known problem. They offered my a Razr Maxx as my 4th replacement..thats a regular Maxx, not an HD maxx. I suspect the software and hardware are the same so to me the Maxx is a step down from the HD.....

10. existenceltd

existenceltd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I've got my phone to a tolerable-but-still-annoying level of functionality.

I did a full-on factory reset, I use the app Clean Master to periodically clear up tasks and cache, and for local music I use the app Shuttle. It's not the best player, but it's simple and not a big drain on resources. That works pretty well, though I still have the occasional hiccup when changing cell towers or updating gps. Streaming has been improved, and more often than not now, I can do my 6-mile run without dropping the connection to my Stitcher podcast (2/3 times average).

Of course, the damn thing still occasionally crashes apps when I do complicated things like try to send a text message or click a link. But oh well.

Phone's got issues. There's nothing we can do about it. Motora can't be bothered. Next time I'm due for a change I'm moving onto something reliable.

11. FoxKat

FoxKat Resident Novelist...LOL! Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,747
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    Hey Johnny, does that............................................... ^^^ work for ya? :p

12. FoxKat

FoxKat Resident Novelist...LOL! Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,747
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    NEVER, I repeat, NEVER take a lower model as a CLNR (Certified Like New Replacement). ONLY take either the same model or the next model higher, and insist.

13. smfoley1

smfoley1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya, I told them no thanks. The person I spoke with said they would tag the phone I just sent back to be sent in for diagnostics to try and determine the problem. For now I am just going to have to deal with this BS. I will not take a phone that is a lesser model and I will not accept another razr HD. At this point my hope is that motorola will identify/admit there is a problem at which point Verizon will be able to put my into another model. I think I am done with Motorola. I had the original droid which had to be replaced 2x, then I moved to the Bionic which I had replaced 3x and now I am on the Razr HD 3rd one...I dont care at all for the latest droid line that was just released

14. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Sorry it's a little late in the game but ever try Don't Pause? http://goo.gl/ElNRmc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

acoustic warning android

droid razr hd slow unresponsive

droid razr hd stuttering

droid razr m slow

droid razr slow and unresponsive

motorola droid razr m slow
razr hd slow music

razr maxx hd audio issues

what is acoustic warning on motorala phones
why do audio advertising interupt podcasts on my gs3