Slow, with peristent audio interrupts. I'm regretting switching back to Droid. Help?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR HD' started by existenceltd, Jun 17, 2013.

1. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Is it possible that he's running on a power saver mode? Or is win amp checking out if the person is still there like Pandora? Get rid of lookout. Do you have to use winamp? Maybe try Google music? Have you told your phone not to play sounds when you receive an email, text, or update? If your music is on the phones memory and not in the cloud maybe it's the hard drive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Its not the car, my wifes iPhone works flawlessly with it plus she can even connect it via USB.

I connect mine via USB... "Device Not Recognized" :(
  3. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Is there a remote chance you can update the firmware on your blue tooth device?

4. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Update my car? Its a 2013. Barely has 2000 miles. Unless you mean the phone?
  5. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

No I meant the car... Once I bought a dvd player and a week later there was an issue with the player so I went online and found an update for the dvd player. Just saying there's that possibility. Just cause the car is 2013 doesn't mean that all the equipment is 2013. Find out.

6. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

I guess I can ask them or look, but I have a fully loaded 2013 Accord, all the bluetooth tech was stock with the car.

Also, today, it was an absolute nightmare, it paired just fine, but the music wouldnt play, I had to stop the car and mess with it, and then even still it was all buggy and what not.

I think PereDroid is right, and my phone is busted.

This phone sucks lately.
  7. redneckben

redneckben New Member

I didn't see it mentioned but I was having a lot of problems with my audio skipping like an old CD would and I searched forever and found that if you set your Bluetooth timeout to always on and or never off it pretty much solved my problem.
  8. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

I rarely have drop outs or pauses, but when I do, I drink, sorry it's always seems bt related. I reset my head piece and it always goes away. Thanks for the time out tip.

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2
  9. lloydsw

lloydsw Member

I assume you know your 2013 Accord has a recall to do a software update on the radio. You might try that before blaming the phone.
  10. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

I reset the phone and cleared the cache and its fine now. Apparently with this model phone, from what I hear, is every 2 days, for the phone to run smooth, you have to power it down, clear this, clear that, etc. (sigh)
  11. existenceltd

existenceltd New Member

Confirmed all my suspicions, and said everything I was too lazy/cautious to say. Thanks! And... *sigh*
  12. existenceltd

existenceltd New Member

I did prior to factory reset. Did not install a new one after. I don't remember what it was called, but I had it set to block auto-restarting apps that are not essential and I never use (e.g. Amazon, Slacker)
  13. existenceltd

existenceltd New Member

Nope.

Nope.

Check! :)

I'll give it a shot. Is Google music a good player?

It handles the notifications just as it's supposed to (though maybe not the way I'd like), with short fades in the music while it interrupts. I've tried it with no notifications, but it's the act of receiving the data that seem to be the trigger, and it still cuts out entirely sometimes (e.g. GPS locating, receiving text)
  14. Vasiliy.zhukov

Vasiliy.zhukov New Member

You could also try another player, which could handle notifications in a better way. I like Astro Player for audiobooks and podcasts and CityGLo for music. Mx Player for video.
  15. 4low4fun

4low4fun New Member

I've used win amp for years. I used it on my droid 2, droid 4 and my RAZR maxx... I've never once had the before mentioned problem with notifications.. It always stops the music, plays the notification and then restarts the music right where I left off.. I would think either you have an application interfering or you phone is just jacked up and you need to get a replacement..
    I have several friends with this phone. Every one of theme raves about how great/nice the phone is. Only complaint I've heard so far is how weak the gorilla glass is..
  16. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Yea, if I had one complaint it would be the glass. I had the original Droid1 with the first edition of that Gorilla Glass. I used to take my keys to it and scratch the **** out of it and show people "look man, this stuff you can't even scratch with a key!".
    Tried that with this phone? I have a tiny tiny scratch. and since then gotten a few more.
    Never had even the tiniest scratch on that old D1....
  17. smfoley1

smfoley1 New Member

I have a similar problem with my Razr HD with the sound "skipping/dropping out" It doesnt matter if Im streaming music on Sirius or the Play App. It doesnt matter if the music is being played from the phone itself. It doesnt matter if I am using wired headphones or using a bluetooth connection. The problem is present in all situations. I have had the phone replaced 2 times and all 3 of them have had this issue. I have done a reset as well as a FDR on all 3 phones, problem persists. On this last phone I did not reload any of my apps just to be sure it wasnt the cause. even right out of the box after activating the phone, I ran the Play Music app and the problem was there....Previous to these 3 Razr Hd I had a Bionic. It never did this. And to be clear, Im not talking about the volume of the music turning down due to a text/email notification. Wish I never upgraded although I did because after the JB update the bionic began to freeze up alot
  18. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Join the club
  19. smfoley1

smfoley1 New Member

All these posts about this audio issue, not to mention the dozens of posts on other forums and boards and Motorola says its not a known problem. They offered my a Razr Maxx as my 4th replacement..thats a regular Maxx, not an HD maxx. I suspect the software and hardware are the same so to me the Maxx is a step down from the HD.....
  20. existenceltd

existenceltd New Member

Well, I've got my phone to a tolerable-but-still-annoying level of functionality.

I did a full-on factory reset, I use the app Clean Master to periodically clear up tasks and cache, and for local music I use the app Shuttle. It's not the best player, but it's simple and not a big drain on resources. That works pretty well, though I still have the occasional hiccup when changing cell towers or updating gps. Streaming has been improved, and more often than not now, I can do my 6-mile run without dropping the connection to my Stitcher podcast (2/3 times average).

Of course, the damn thing still occasionally crashes apps when I do complicated things like try to send a text message or click a link. But oh well.

Phone's got issues. There's nothing we can do about it. Motora can't be bothered. Next time I'm due for a change I'm moving onto something reliable.
Search tags for this page

acoustic warning android

droid razr hd slow unresponsive

droid razr hd stuttering

droid razr m slow

droid razr slow and unresponsive

motorola razr m slow
my play music app fades in and out periodically samsung gala
razr hd slow music

razr maxx hd audio issues

verizon replaces razr hd skips
what is acoustic warning on motorala phones