data only option?

Reaction score
What I am looking for is a way to temporarily turn off voice so I only use data when driving. Basically I want to listen to my google music or my podcasts without the annoying phone call coming in and interrupting. I am looking for a straight to voicemail type thing so it never rings cuz even with the ringer volume down it still mutes the audio. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

flyinace

Reaction score
I'm sure someone has a better solution than me, but here is one idea...Get a Google Voice Number, which is free, then setup your cell phone to forward all calls to your Google voice number (using *72 followed by your google voice number). Then when you want to start receiving calls again, just dial *73. Alternatively you can have your cell number forwarded to any other phone (perhaps your house) and your cell phone will still not ring...

SallyC

Reaction score
What I am looking for is a way to temporarily turn off voice so I only use data when driving. Basically I want to listen to my google music or my podcasts without the annoying phone call coming in and interrupting. I am looking for a straight to voicemail type thing so it never rings cuz even with the ringer volume down it still mutes the audio. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I believe Call Block or Call Control offer the option to block all calls.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I use call Control, it works for that purpose very well.

Another option for music is to keep your music on the sdcard-ext and when you listen to music, put the device in airplane mode. I do that too. Lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
If set the phone to 4g only it also turns off cell as it shares the same radio as 3g.

1339708296469.jpg

furbymac

Reaction score
I usually just put my phone on vibrate. The calls don't go straight to voice mail but the ringer doesn't interrupt the music

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
look in google play for something like an auto away or similar. remember google is your best friend

Sent from my BLACK DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. Prepare to be impressified!!!!

OP
TheDroidURLookinFor
Reaction score
Still looking for a good solution for this.

I believe Call Block or Call Control offer the option to block all calls.

Tried both of those and Call Block was able to silence the ringers but both still pause or mute the any media playing when call comes in.

Also to anyone who wants either of these to screen calls...I would advise against it. Way too many false positives. I had them set to contacts and whitelist only. I had no people on my whitelist but erratically blocked some contacts and constantly blocked some others. Sad to say more where blocked then got through.