"Listen" Podcast Recommendations?

Helmut

Reaction score
+50 on BOL. How has the Adam Carolla podcast not ben mentioned!??!?! Funny stuff. One tip that I would pass on is use the browser to add the rss feeds, the app has horrible search.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My favorite is Security Now. It makes my 45 minute commute enjoyable.

+1 for Security Now. You can visit the site and pick from 5 years worth of material there. GRC.com is an excellent site for anyone looking to learn about computer and internet security. I've been visiting their site, and sending others there, for over 10 years.

I also dropped a post in this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/32641-ssh-password.html so folks could test their phones with his Shields Up web app. The Droid passed with flying colors.

PodcastPickle is a great place to go if you are looking for specific topics to listen to in podcast format. Navigate around the left hand menu sidebar and you will be sure to find something you like.

Window to the Magic is an interesting one that makes use of binaural sound for 3d sound while touring around Disneyland/world.

Last edited:

Geektechlive

Reaction score
Hey! Glad you like my podcast!:) Always happy to hear I have a happy listener! More android goodness coming up in future episodes

Thanks again.

Chris
Host of geektechlive.com podcast
Twitter @geektechlive
Facebook facebook.com/geektechlive

Here is my updated subscription list. Its good enough for at least one 1 hour workout every day. I enjoy the CNET podcast the most, but wouldn't mind if Tom (?) stops interrupting and deflating the other hosts' comments. Yes, he has some good points, but he tends to discount their thoughts.

All CNET audio podcasts
Geek tech live
NPR: technology podcast
PCMag after hours
Wall Street Journal tech news briefing

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I'm a podcast ultra-junkie. I think I spend more time total listening to podcasts than I do with my family!

I'll leave out any podcasts that aren't information-related...

NEWS
Androidandme.com's podcast
This Week In Google
APM Marketplace
BBC Global News
Brian Lehrer Show
The Political Scene (The New Yorker)
Talk of the Nation
All Things Considered
Fresh Air
NPR: Economy
NPR: On Science
Planet Money
On Point (w/ Tom Ashbrook)
On The Media
PBS News Hour
Washington Week (w/ Gwen Ifill)

INTELLECTUALLY STIMULATING
The Ethicist (NYTimes)
Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
BBC World Service Documentaries
Ideas (CBC podcast)
In Our Time (w/ Melvyn Bragg)
This American Life
Radio Lab
StoryCorps
Intelligence Squared
Quirks and Quarks

Above all, I highly recommend This American Life, Radio Lab, This Week In Google, and Skeptic's Guide to the Universe. I went through the NPR archives and listened to every single Radio Lab episode... some of the most enjoyable radio I've ever heard.