Slow speeds on 4g

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
I just got a warranty replacement for my razr because it was dropping the data connection like crazy. When the old phone would hold a connection i was getting anywhere from 10-17mbps download speed. Now that ive got my new phone AND a new sim card, its holding a data connection MUCH better, but im only getting <3mbps download speed! Anybody have any idea why? Im in a good 4g coverage area, testing from the exact same spot as with my old phone. My friend who only lives like 2 blocks away just got a droid 4 and told me like 5 min ago that hes getting 16mbps on the same network only 2 blocks away!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Bump...Anybody???

SEColwell

Reaction score
This was earlier on 4g....around 3-4 pm in Tampa, FL

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Oh, thanks for rubbing it in...jerk....lol jp...i jus got BY FAR my best dl speed! 3.31mbps! Lol...last 2 tests b4 that were .76 and .89, both on LTE! WTH!

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Ya a few times, tried wiping cache too

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
hmmmm...so i guess it must just be my house or something? the friend who has the droid 4 and was getting much better speeds only 2 blocks away came over and once he got to my house his download speed dropped to about the same as mine, then the next day i was a couple miles from my house and tested it and got 18mbps download speed.....that sucks i wish i could get better speeds at home!