4g speeds slow??

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by jmwelton, Jan 15, 2012.

1. jmwelton

jmwelton New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Wichita falls TX and get 4g I download speed test and when its connected to 3g its faster than 4g any help would b great??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

2. dillont

dillont Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check Verizon's 4g coverage map for your city. The only thing I can think of is that you could be on the edge of the area where 4g is available. If Verizon just brought 4g to your area, it may take a while for them to expand the coverage to all areas of the city. Have you tried testing the speed in different parts of the city? Where I live I average 4g speeds of 4-7mbps but if I go downtown my speeds average 14-18 mbps.

3. jmwelton

jmwelton New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No I haven't tired ne where else yet jus where I live ill do a few tests when I'm out today and c wut kind of results I get

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    I do not live in a 4G area. I have to go into town for 4G. When I first got my Bionic, and later with my Gnex, I drove all over town testing 4G speeds. I was amazed at that the speed differences. I mean it was from 3K to 27K download!

5. jmwelton

jmwelton New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya thts crazy ill have to check the map also and c actually how close to the coverage range I'm in and hopefully the update the area if tht is the problem .... I also wonder if this has ne thing to do wit my mobile hotspot because it wont let ne devices connect?

Search tags for this page

how to make droid razr 4g faster