Slow 3G speeds?

B

budmonster

First, sorry if this in the wrong section. Second, I aplogize if this is a dumb question, LOL.

I'm on CM6.1rc3. I'm getting horrible 3G speeds (500kbps down/100kbps up) used SpeedTest.net app to test. Could the ROM, my setting, etc. have anything to do with it?

I have the CM power widget on my home screen and the one button says "2G" on it, how can I make sure I'm on 3G and not 2G?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I know that my signal strength has been all over the place as of late and I am not sure if it is the ROM I am running or if it is Verizon as they are working on expanding their towers. If it is bothering you that much I would suggest trying another ROM just to see if it is your current ROM. Otherwise if the problem persists I would say that it is probably an issue with Verizon and the towers.

OP
B

budmonster

I know that my signal strength has been all over the place as of late and I am not sure if it is the ROM I am running or if it is Verizon as they are working on expanding their towers. If it is bothering you that much I would suggest trying another ROM just to see if it is your current ROM. Otherwise if the problem persists I would say that it is probably an issue with Verizon and the towers.

yeah ill try another rom. im updated to the latest baseband. rom or no rom i should be getting 1x anytime.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
It's not the ROM , it's from VZ . With so many people getting smartphones their network is crawling to a stop . I was getting 1.5-3 Mbps at the beginning of this year and for the last few months I'm getting 60 Kbps . Luckily I only have 2 weeks left from my 1 YR contract and I'll switch to Sprint , currently I'm getting 5 Mbps with them , that's 100 times more . I don't think VZ will be able to install so many towers in one year to match this speeds for all its users . Maybe next year I'll switch back to them if the greedy CEO's decide to invest some of the profits in new towers and fix their network .

OP
B

budmonster

So there's nothing I can do to improve my speeds and stop from going to 1x?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried different kernels?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)