Slingbox Question.....

OP
echo6280

echo6280

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I hope you're right.

OP
echo6280

echo6280

Reaction score
OK...I re-installed it successfully. PHEW! But it still doesn't change the channels correctly. I guess I'll have to live with the glitch. Too bad because everything else with the Slingbox app is fantastic.

DavePDX

Reaction score
ok droid slingers, how big is the displayed slingbox image on your droid?

I own a Slingplayer Pro-HD and when I am viewing a HD program, the Droid screen is filled to the edges horizontally but there is a very narrow black band at the bottom of the screen. If I had to guess I'd say the band was 5-6 pixels high. Of course the HD program is down-rezzed. I noticed a slight amount of distortion on one show earlier today as the screen used should have been 480 lines vertical x 720 horizontal (but it seems to be stretched to full screen, 854 lines max). I haven't played with the aspect control much though. None of the aspect options gave me a "slight" pillarbox that I would have expected for 480x720 resolution - they were full width, 854 pixels wide. Some of the aspect options pillarbox severely and distort significantly (very narrow display). Overall I am pleased with the display at this point.

br91655

Reaction score
Anybody running froyo w/slingplayer on their droid successfully? Slingplayer was having all sorts of streaming problems for me until I flashed back to 2.1 which cleared the issues up. I was just wondering if it was froyo or maybe something else I was running in that configuration...

MarkO

Reaction score
I've been running it on Froyo. Quality is decent, but could be better condisering the resolution of the Droid. However I cannot find any way to increase the res. to a higher bitrate.

ahare34

Reaction score
just got slingbox player and when i click, it just blinks and goes back to home screen. it was working now no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice ahhhh. any Help?

hogowner

Reaction score
wow..not sure why so many people are having problems.....

not only is it working great on my droid....I even have the first SLINGBOX they made...the classic and it is working GREAT!

I do have FIOS service at home so my upload speed is AWESOME....

I get a full screen pic on my doid when I watch an SD channel...but if I watch an HD channel i have a bit of a space on the top and bottom...no matter what aspect I use.....so all I do is watch an SD channel...comes in crystal clear!! even when I when I am on the LIRR

as far as the person thatis having trouble with his channel changing, I would run the setup wizard at your home computer again...and change the digits on the settings on the setup wizard. The wizard asks you to put in a channel # with just one digit or adding digits...not sure what menu it is...but go through it and you will see...I BET that could be your problem...

tekmantoo

Reaction score
In the setup assistant did you change the speed of inputting numbers for changing channels. You have three choices.